Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Gary H

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Gary H
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: Gary H
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: PR
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

An awesome experience with only minor hitches
We travelled from Newcastle to Southampton by train direct and my partner works for the train company so this was a breeze and free ! long journey but comfortable and hitch free with Cross Country. arriving at Southampton we stayed in the brand new Premier Travel inn which was perfect and beats most 4 star hotels in my view and is right next to a mall for some last minute spending ! check inn the next day with RC was a breeze, well organised and fast, and this was around 12 midday, we were allowed straight on board although the room was not ready, the Windjammer buffet was open for lunch.

well what an amazing ship this is ! it is huge and there were around 3800 gusts on board, the ship was full for this cruise but you would never think it, plenty of areas people free and it never felt busy or crammed unless there was a focal event on such as the parade in the promenade.

We had an inside promenade view cabin which was fine, nice inside, comfortable, plenty of room for clothes, shoes and cosmetics and even to put the cases away, nice bathroom with a good shower, nothing wrong at all however we have already booked our next cruise and it will always be a superior balcony in future as these rooms are more airy and fresh with a good view of ports, sunsets etc.

the ship has everything you could want or need, great pools, activities in fact I think something for every age and preference.

The spa is OK, a bit expensive and in my opinion the treatments weren't great really so I would give that a miss next time.

Great casino and special times with half price best so you don't break the bank, the theatre is huge but I wasn't keen on the show, a bit cheesy for me and nothing I would go see at home, there is a big ice rink and the ice skating shows are very very good !

the dining room is amazing and I couldn't fault any aspect, the service was 100% spot on as was the food and we had a 8.30pm sitting and a table for 2 !

breakfast is great anywhere you go, again faultless.

the entertainment team are OK but a bit too 'reppy' for me, the type you'd get on a Thomson holiday :-( and mainly English.

the rest of the teams and crew were fantastic, couldn't do enough for you and we were acknowledged by a few of them everywhere we were even off the ship in cities etc, we were of course really nice to them and took time to chat, boy do they work hard !!

so all in all a perfect cruise and Royal Caribbean are a great company who go the extra mile to ensure you have an amazing experience.

we did do a romance package and it was worth every penny !

definitely recommend this ship this cruise and this company

however....we were the youngest on the ship i think and at times it felt like a geriatric care home, also some of the passengers were a bit snobby for me or thought they were something special, its a cruise, your not the queen !!!

lots of wheelchairs and buggy things on here for this cruise to which is fine with me but not when they run you over ha x

just so you know Alpha Alpha Alpha is a medical emergency code and we heard it all the time with the passengers on here, in fact aim sure a few that got on board had there 'very last cruise'

by the way, the ship is spotless, the clean and clean and clean and if anyone gets norovirus I blame the passengers as we constantly notice men using the toilet then walking straight out without washing there hands !!!

we booked transatlantic Southampton to fort laudable in november this year we loved it so much and this was booked on board by the lovely Phillipa

Publication Date: 04/11/12