Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by gappleton: WONDERFUL Spring Break!

gappleton
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

WONDERFUL Spring Break!

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Our vacation started with an awesome check-in process! Baltimore is a breeze. We parked quickly and checked right in. We left Pittsburgh at 7:30 am and our family was having lunch in the Windjammer by 12:00 noon!!

The Enchantment of the Seas is very nice. Most of it sparkled and was very clean. It was built in 1997 and refurbished in 2005, so it does show a few signs of wear. This did not affect our vacation in any way. In December 2012, this ship is going into dry dock for additional refurbishment.

Our statement was an ocean view room. We had a nice large window, queen size bed and two upper berths. There were three of us in the room and it worked well for the week. The staterooms seem to show the most wear of the entire ship. Our room was very clean, but it did show wear. I'm sure that Royal Caribbean will be addressing this when the ship goes in for refurbishment. Again, the room was decent and this did not affect our vacation!

The bathroom is More VERY small on the Enchantment!! I have cruised on Disney twice before and Royal Caribbean 3 times before and never remember having a bathroom this small! Again, it was clean which was my main concern.

The staff was wonderful on the ship. Everyone was very friendly and cheerful and wanted to make our vacation pleasant. The service in the dining room was great. We ate breakfast there every morning and dinner every night! We only went to the Windjammer a few times for lunch. It was sufficient and the food was good enough. I definitely enjoyed the dining room more.

Our 8 year old daughter was with us. She did agree to go to Adventure Ocean on the first day for 30 minutes to try it out. When we picked her up, she didn't really want to go back. Other children seemed to be having a wonderful time though, so I have to assume that my child is one of the only ones that didn't enjoy it.

Since my daughter would not go to Adventure Ocean she was with us during the duration of the trip. This was NEVER a problem! There were so many family-friendly activities to choose from that she wasn't bored for one minute!! Royal Caribbean did a great job of this. (Like I said before, we've cruised on Disney and loved it, but Royal did a great job of keeping kids busy and costs a bit less).

We had a great time in port at Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay. The weather was great.

On our return trip up the east coast we hit some bad weather and had very rough seas. The Captain did a great job of keeping the guests up to date and letting everyone know that we were not in danger. There were several sick people on the ship during that day.

I enjoyed this cruise so much! Going out of Baltimore was wonderful and EASY! I would definitely recommend it. My only suggestion is that you keep in mind that it's an older ship and doesn't have all of the amenities of the new ships. Overall though, it's beautiful! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 3564

3564 - nice cabin. Small but QUIET!! Also, it is mid ship and on the 3rd floor which is great for movement. We didn't feel much rocking even during rough seas!

(5.5)
Love this port!! So fun!
Read 223 CocoCay Reviews

Beach Break

(4)
Very nice experience. LOTS of walking. A bit overpriced, but nice to see at least once.