Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by sjc0009: Exceeded my expectations!

sjc0009
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Exceeded my expectations!

Sail Date: March 2012

Sailed alone due to last minute availability. I was going to spend 5 days in Miami on vacation but hotels were limited and extremely expensive ($300 a night for a 3 star hotel) So i decided to take a 7 days cruise for less.
I arrived around 11:45pm and sailed through security and checked in through the select members check-in (no line)Easiest check in ever!
I have sailed Millennium and century class but never on Solstice class. I was very impressed upon boarding. The main foyer felt very open and bright, and felt more like a four seasons hotel than a ship. Quality of furnishings and decoration was first class, elegant and modern.
I really enjoyed the Cafe Bolcio, they have great coffee. I enjoyed lunch in Bistro on Five away from the crowds in the Ocean view cafe. Very nice soup and Cuban crepe, yummy. After lunch I went on a tour of the ship. The library was very comfy and the living tree suspended between the elevator banks was amazing.\Overall appearance of the ship, More elegant and contemporary. There wasn't an area i disliked. The Martini bar with the frozen bar top was great, I also loved the Molecular bar, WOW try the dragonfly, i was hooked after my first. The staff overall were excellent, especially in: guest relations, Martini bar (Adi and the guys), Molecular bar staff are artists in their own right. I thought our cruise Director Mike was the best i have experienced. I read on review that said they didn't see Mike anywhere except morning announcements. I was on the same cruise (excite the senses) and i saw Mike everywhere day and night so not sure why the other guests stated he was never to be found? He worked extremely hard and even sang two nights in the main foyer with South Side band, who were amazing. They had really great lead singers and they played by the pool, main foyer and observation lounge, really amazing band, nothing like the normal cruise band. The activity manager was also very nice, and always around day and night.
As much as i love Millie, Connie and Century,I think my next vacations will be aboard the Solstice class vessels. I loved the three deck high foyer that had a great ambiance every night, it was the heart of the ship , day and night. I forgot to mention the wine bar, excellent selection of wines and very informative sommeliers to assist you in choosing the correct wine. I ate at Murano's twice, met expectations of a fine dining experience. I also attended a wine and cheese pairing hosted by Dominique who happened to be on board from corporate office, what a great experience.
I cant fault this ship, Im picky, no, very picky. I reserved a future cruise while on board and received and OB credit on my next sailing on Reflection in December. I cant wait!
Thanks to all the staff on board that work so very hard to make our vacations memorable. I saw a few rude guests but the staff were very polite. Please remember to treat the staff on board with respect and you will have a wonderful cruise. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Inside Stateroom Panorama Deck (9) 1140

(5.5)
Poerters were very efficient and polite. Quickest check in i ever experienced. NO traffic issue sat all , very easy embarkation
Read 161 Miami Reviews