Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by abbellatx

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by abbellatx
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: abbellatx
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: E2
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

The Mariner of the Seas was wonderful - guest of the wedding
This cruise trip was for a wedding that I was invited to attend.

I booked my cruise through CostCo travel because the stateroom credit that was offered was double what the wedding travel agent offered.

The wait at the Port of Galveston was about 3 hrs.....it was insane.

I booked "my time" dining and tried to get the same dining and the rest of the wedding group(40+). Costco was not able to get it done and neither did Royal Caribbean. So we opted to sneak into the late dining with the rest of the group. We only had to squeeze one more at the table. We did this for 5 nights until our waiter made it a big deal on the 6th night. We stayed at the table anyway. He also seems to dislike it when we order another item after he had brought our food the table. Other waiters that served other tables in the group didn't have a problem with it so we would order through them and bring it to our table.

The stateroom was clean and we were well taken care of.

We ordered a case of water on board since RC told us we could not bring water on board. This was conflicting with what CostCo Travel told me. It took them 24 hours to bring it to the room...so order it early.

They offer drink and beer specials so keep your eyes open for that. We ordered the shot of the day in the dining room which came with a souvenir shot glass. We ended up with 7 different colors by the time the cruise was over.

The photos are too expensive!!! The wedding couple paid for the minister, champagne and cake. The problem with the wedding is they didn't know when it would be until about 1 week before the wedding. It ended up being at 11:30 on one of the port days. It would have been nice if it was earlier.

RC had a staff member taking pictures. The prices were crazy. $1000 US dollars for a DVD of your pictures. The least expensive package was about $500...for about 20 photos and they were not all 8 x 10. They were not allowed to order individual photos. It would have been cheaper to pay the cruise for your own photographer. I was very disappointed about the price of the wedding pictures. I would say the photos were average in quality.

Be careful when you walk around Boleros....on 2 different occasions I almost twisted my ankle. There were marble size balls on the floor. They seem to have come from the planters. I think the kids were playing with them. I reported it to one of the staff members in a suit. Glad I didn't fall.

Publication Date: 04/11/12