We love NCL, but EPIC is not the ship for us: Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by sunforfungirl
Overall Member Rating
We love NCL, but EPIC is not the ship for us
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
All that said, we managed to enjoy the cruise, we just chose not to try to fight people for a deck chair. There were a few things on EPIC that we have not had issues with on other NCL ships.
1. Only two outlets. If you have more than two things that need to be plugged in, bring an extension cord.
2. The sanitation stations were hit or miss. There are few places on the ship that we visited that the stations were working all the time. Staff has to bring out spray bottles.
3. The Gibson Guitar program has been discontinued.
4. The blues band at Fat Catz, isn't much of a blues band. The band leader spent more time talking to the audience than the band More did playing songs (some blues songs, but most were not in the set we caught). They just weren't very good either. Pretty much any Bealle Street dive bar band could play circles around these guys.
5. Service in the Irish bar was hit or miss. Servers did not seem to be assigned to a station, so you had to try to find someone.
6. You have to make reservations for entertainment. Do it pre-cruise or you WILL miss out.
7. Disembarkation is a Cluster.
Here are some of the good things:
1. All the specialty restaurants were great. Worth the extra money.
2. The Blue Man Group, Legends and Cirque were outstanding.
3. Length of time in ports was longer than average.
4. Cabin Steward was excellent.
5. Smoother ride than on smaller ships.
Like I said, we managed to have a good time, but we will go back to the smaller ships in the future. Less
Decent cruise, just needs to b...
Average Cruise - Expected More
Hours of food and late bar ser...
Haven spoiled us for cruising
Balcony Not Usable - Pool Area...
First (and probably last) time...