Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Pjcruiser1112

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Pjcruiser1112
Carnival Sensation
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

JUST OFF THE SENSATION
Hi, new to the cruise boards but not new to cruising. Just returned from a quick 3 night cruise on Sensation. This was the first cruise we have taken that was less than 7 days, but still loved it. I have been on Carnival Glory, Legend & Miracle.

Arrived at the Port at 11:10AM - Embarkation was very smooth and was up on the Lido deck by 11:45AM.

The line for the buffet on the Lido desk was a bit long so I chose to go to the deli and get the Toasted turkey and Cheese sandwich on a bulky roll, it was very good and there was no line.

I was traveling with my DH and decided to take a chance and see if our room was ready, it was 1:30PM, we headed to the Empress deck and, yup the room was ready and clean as a whistle. Dennis our Stewart came to our room and introduced himself and asked if there was anything we needed at this time. We told him the rooms looks great and that we were all set.

We next walked around to check out the ship and take some pics. The it was muster drill time. We headed to our assigned station and listened to the safety briefing. It was now already 4PM (when were were supposed to leave) - all in all the Muster drill started late causing us to leave about 45 minutes late. No big deal---safety is important.

once we set sail, it was off to the casino, we love to play cards and slots. Within 10 minutes of the casino opening the Casino Hostess came over and introduced herself and welcomed us aboard. She reminded me to check with the casino cashier as I had a gift waiting. (Love the gifts). the entire trip this casino hostess was amazing. We played in the casino until we had to get ready for dinner. I ordered the flat iron steak, it was delicious!! I don't remember what my DH ordered but he said it was very good as well.We were seated at a table for 10 and met a great group of new friends. One couple at our table was taking their 1st cruise to celebrate their anniversary. I felt so bad as they had both not felt well since we set sail.

Once in Nassau, my DH and I jumped in a taxi to go check out Atlantis. the taxi was $4 a piece one way. So $10 for 2 with tip 1 way. We walked around for a bit and stopped in the casino for a quick look. Played just a little and then headed back to the ship as we were getting hungry and was looking forward to the Deli, again.

The rest of the cruise we took it easy, met some very nice people, played trivia. i also played in the slot tournament and for the 2ND cruise in a row came in SECOND! 1st prize was $500.00. lots of fun though, and received a cool T shirt.

On our return trip back to Port Canaveral, the waves did kick up pretty bad and it was difficult to walk around. Not Carnival's Fault....Mother Nature. There were a lot of people not feeling so well.

Overall - We thought the service was great, all the ships staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was good and the entertainment we did see was good to really good. It was great value for the price paid.

Had such a great time already booked Sensation for April 2013. Can't wait!!

Publication Date: 04/11/12