Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by CruisingMamma2012

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by CruisingMamma2012
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: CruisingMamma2012
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

3/31/12 thru 4/7/12 Enchantment of the Seas
My husband and I went on this cruise for our 15th Wedding Anniversary (second honeymoon!) and had a fabulous time. Leaving from Baltimore was a lot more timely and seamless than we expected. I would say we were on the ship within an hour of getting to port. We were pleased with the amount of security as well. Ship didn't sail til 4 pm but we got there early and were able to eat Lunch at the Windjammer without too much of a crowd. Our rooms were ready at 1:30 pm.

Despite what others have said, I think the ship was very up-to-date- we loved the Centrum-middle of the ship. Beautiful marble tiled floors, prism glass sculptures and glass elevators which overlooked it. The carpets all seemed pretty new and each of the cafes/meeting places/lounges were very upbeat and decorated nicely. Overall, I felt the ship was very elegant and that added to our experience.

We booked a large inside stateroom, which was small, as you can imagine, but suited our purposes perfectly-we were not uncomfortable at all. Plenty of storage space. Our Room Steward Robert Lynch took very good care of us...every time we came back to the room the bed had been made, ice bucket refreshed, etc. (even made animals out of towels and put them on the bed). The only issue I had was that, without a window to see the sunshine come through, I often slept late because I couldn't tell what time it was! So, if this is a concern, be sure to book a room with a window.

Dining experience: We had a wonderful Maitre'D and Assistant (her name was Donna and she was extremely pleasant). ALL of the staff on the ship were extremely pleasant and helpful, no matter who we came in contact with. Our waiter was Wayan and Asst Waiter was Jane. Took very good care of us. I cannot say enough about the food in the dining room. Extremely good - a gourmet meal every night. The desserts were fabulous too. We were originally scheduled for the 8:30 seating but were easily able to change it to my time dining (chged to 7 pm). Glad they had this service. They also gave us a table for two every night.

The breakfast fare was the same in the dining room (a little stuffy for the morning if you ask me) as in the Windjammer, which is more casual (buffet style) so we ate our breakfasts there. I thought the food was great all around. The coffee was horrible though and there weren't any berries on the fruit buffet, but to each his own. Overall, the food was good here - for lunch as well.

Formal nights were very elegant and fun - seeing all of the pretty outfits. Aside from those two nights, dress was pretty casual all around. Photos taken by the ship were very expensive (at least $19.95 per sheet). Although the photos turned out wonderfully, we didn't buy any because of the cost.

Ports of call were great...we went to Port Canaveral, Florida, Nassau and CoCo Cay. Beautiful - white sand, blue water. We went on the glass bottom boat tour, which was fun. My only complaint on Coco Cay was that the food lines were long and the food was not replenished fast enough. This was our only source for food (Private island of the cruise ship so they provided the food. It was extremely crowded and annoying (other cruise ships were there at the same time- too many people at once if you ask me). It made it very difficult to find a beach chair as well.

There were so many wonderful activities on the ship you could never get bored. (The Cruise Director was great - we found out he could sing too!)

The gym was small but adequate and there was a 1/4 mile walking track on Deck 10. Very helpful after eating all that great food! Vivesh in the gym gave me the $35 metabolism evaluation - well worth the money...will show you where you are and what you need to do. He gave me some very valuable information about toxins that are in our bodies and how to get rid of them. I also had one session of ionothermie. Very good and "Sam" gave me a lot of valuable information too. But you must beware, they will try to sell you stuff -and it is NOT inexpensive. When I researched it at home, I can get the supplements and the treatments cheaper.

Overall, we had a fabulous time. Royal Caribbean was the best! We hope to take our kids on a cruise with us within a year.

Publication Date: 04/11/12