Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by moon girl

Cabin Category: 8A
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms Not Rated

Ahhh Splendor!!!
We were on the March 25th sailing, and I know how much I looked forward to reviews before I left so I thought I would write one! This was our 3rd time on the Splendor in as many years. We absolutely love the Splendor and have always had a wonderful time. This time was no different! From the crew, to the entertainment, the food, the rooms, (we had a balcony), it was all amazing!! I have read some reviews that criticized the cruise director Todd and I must say that we really enjoyed him. He was the most visible director that we have ever sailed with and he also joined in with the bands singing and did a great job! I also fell in love with the singer Tommy Green Jr. that entertained in a bunch of different venues. That guy is amazing and I have no doubt that we will hear from him again on a much bigger stage!

The food was delicious and we did anytime dining and even during a busy spring break time only waited at the most 5 minutes! It was awesome! We have been to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta many times so this time we just relaxed on the beach in Cabo and then we went to lunch in town both days. We went to Maria Coronas which was very nice but our favorite was El Pescqador?(not sure about the spelling) We(my husband and I) both had a lobster and shrimp lunch for $30.00 and it came with a ton of other stuff. It was so delicious! In Puerto Vallarta we took the advice of other Cruise Critic members and went to Playa Los Arcos and had an amazing day. We paid $15.00 each to use their pool, restrooms, beach, towels and chairs and all of that $15.00 went towards food that we used in their restaurant. It was so much fun. It is a public beach but it was beautiful and you can walk quite a way on it too! What a great bargain. We rode the bus their for .60 each. I highly recommend it! We did the self disembark and as soon as they called the self assist people it took approximately 10 minutes to get off the ship and through customs! We had an amazing time and if your are booked or are contemplating the Splendor don't hesitate!! You will miss out on a wonderful experience!!

Publication Date: 04/11/12