Carnival Dream Cruise Review by nandygurl: Can't wait to cruise again! =)

nandygurl
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Can't wait to cruise again! =)

Sail Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband & I took our first cruise this past October with 5 other people. I was dead set against going right up til the moment we left port. Worried about leaving work, leaving home, etc. etc. After the cruise I absolutely can't wait to go again!!!!
I just want to start out by saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but, I just don't see where all the negative reviews are coming from. My experience was just wonderful from the moment I stepped onboard til the time I stepped off, except I didn't want to step off & get back to the "real world". LOL. The staff was very helpful in getting us checked in & on the ship. We where in line maybe a total of 35 minutes in all. I would recommened getting to the ship early to board because it cuts down on the waiting in line time, because I have absolutely NO patience. 3 of our friends we were with had been on several previous cruises & had informed us from the get go, so thats why I am throwing this in because it DOES More make a difference & especially to anyone else who may be reading reviews before they take their first cruise. ;) We where told that it would be at least 4:00 before we could get into our rooms, but, all 7 of us were in our rooms by 1:30-2:00 with our luggage waiting. That may not be the case all the time. On our trip there was no vacancies which means every room was full (I believe we traveled with around 4,000 other cruisers. So, with the ship being full of course their is going to be lines & lots of people. My advise is DON'T GO ON A CRUISE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE!!! Your not the only person who decided to take a cruise! The Dream is one of the bigger Carnival ships, so, keep that in mind when booking if you don't want to be around "crowds" as I saw in some of the reviews. The only line I waited in a long amount of time in was the Mongolian line. They make the food in front of you so keep in mind, yes it takes time to prepare. The lines for the buffet usually went fairly smoothly. At times they where closed down, but, to me once I got into the groove of things I always made sure I ate before it closed. We had anytime dinning & let me just say it was AMAZING!! My husband is a VERY picky eater & he left STUFFED all 6 nights we where on board. I mean they give you at least 6-7 of everything (appitizers, entree, desserts, all the bread you can eat) to choose from so SURELY you can find something to eat. And if its something you really like if you want 5 of it, its yours! Our servers where a delight!!!!! The wait for dining rooms can be long, but, your on vacation, why rush? And keep in mind I am the LEAST patient person ever!!!!!
The rooms where very nice in my opinion. We just got the inside room with no window. It served our purpose. We didn't go to stay in the room the whole time. We where on the 6th floor not quite at the back of the ship. The first night & day we where out, a freak tropical depression popped up off the Cape & on our way to Nassau (our first stop). The cruise directors can't help that. They don't control the weather. It was pretty rough the first night & choppy the first day, but, I would recommened Dramanine & surprisingly, the wrist bands for motion sickness. When I went to the pharmacy to get them before we left the pharmaist told me I was "wasting my money" but, they worked well with some Dramanine for me. I have mild motion sickness that I deal with also & never got sick. A key is to also eat & stay hydrated. My husband has SEVERE motion sickness! We where very worried before we went on the cruise. For sever motion sickness, go to your doctor & get a prescription for the patch that goes behind the ear. Put in on THE DAY BEFORE YOU LEAVE to get on the ship. Thats the only thing my husband would have done different is put it on the day BEFORE so its in your system good. After that first night, he had no other problem. Our friend who was with us was also 4 months pregnant at the time & had no problem with the "movement" of the ship. I read in reviews that the ship had "problems" because of the "movement". Try to keep in mind you are in the middle of the Alantic Ocean with waves & such so there may be a slight rocking. That's why they say people who works on ships/boats/etc for a living has to get their "sea legs". Now I understand the saying!
The shows & entertaintment was outstanding! We went to something every night & looked forward to it. When you get back home your like "Now what????" You have 7days & 6 nights of being pampered & relaxing, & then go back home to doing it yourself. YUCK!! :/
The ports we went into where Nassau, St. Thomas, & St. Maarten. Lovely. Had the best time in St. Thomas. I would recommend it to anyone.If you have never taken a cruise don't let the negative reviews sway you. Thank goodness I didn't read all the negative reviews with the "bad attitude" I had before we went. I hope this helps someone. I can't wait to go again & it will proably be with the Dream again! =) Happy Cruising! =) Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Upper

Quiet hallway. Loved how the dirty towels & unmade bed "magically" reappeared with clean, hung up towels & a made bed. Room cleaned couple times a day. LOVED the animal towels each night! =)

Tour guide was funny. Very informing. Only wish we could have went onto the beach. Did more sight seeing from the car. Recommend going to see Conch Island & The Queens Staircase. Also recommened visiting The Alantis. Waters are beautiful
Read 2615 Nassau Reviews

Went to beach where airplanes fly right over your head. Enjoyed it very much! Waters blue & clear!!! =)

Most favorite port of the whole cruise!!!!! Tour guide was AWESOME!!!! Took us to some amazing places. Kept us laughing & having a great time the whole time. St. Thomas is amazing! Can't wait to go back! Water is beautiful!
Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews