Westerdam Cruise Review by sswingfieldky

Westerdam
Member Name: sswingfieldky
Cruise Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Westerdam Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Westerdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Westerdam Deck Plans
Great cruise
We got a direct flight from Cincinatti to the airport and from there only a fifteen minute taxi to the ship. The first thing we noticed was how friendly and sweet the crew were. I've been on six other cruises with Princess Royal Carribean and Carnival and this was the best crew yet. I saw several people being rude and ordering them around like slaves and they responded withcurtesy and kindness.

We loved all the classic Greek statues out of mythology all over the ship. I liked the way they combined the library internet and cafe with lovely picture windows and comfortable chairs. My husband and I enjoyed many books from there. The aft pool area. Was also enjoyable. We enjoyed the view every night sitting on a deck chair there was romantic . During.g the day the aft pool was always the right tempature and deep. Mostly they kept the kids out of it which was nice.

I thought the breakfast was very good and especially enjoyed the fruit eggs benedict and banana pancakes. The steaks roasts and fish were always good at night. We truly enjoyedbeing able to order from the dining room menu to out room and did this several nights. I thought the singers and dancers were better than princess. My favorite show though was with trachea the comic impressionist really good

and I wish I had seen the german juggler. Heard good things about him

One of my favorite things on the ship though was the promenade deck great for taking walks and sunsets and the spa. Absolutely loved the hydrotherapy pool and thought those heated ceramic lounges were amazing. You would lie on them and smell the aromatherapy from the two steam rooms. Listen to the fountains and look out in the beautiful sea view and gradually the lounger would heat up under tour back and hips and feel amazing.

Thought half moon cay was lovely and just pulled our chairs under shade near pirate ship bar. Lovely day. Loved Curacao. Clearest water I have been in. Went to jolting with two beaches nice pools and great margaritas. No problem getting day passes at gym. Might want to get pass with some drinks included since they are high. We will be back in this ship. So easy to get around

Publication Date: 04/11/12