MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by travelbug33

Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Africa
Cabin Category: 03
See More About: MSC Sinfonia Cruise Reviews | Africa Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Sinfonia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Sinfonia Deck Plans
Dreams are made of this...
My entire life I have been terrified of anything to do with the ocean. The mere sight of a ship made me feel sick. Well now that has all ended and vanished thanks to the MSC SINFONIA.

I have read lots of negative reviews on this site so far, and I've come to one conclusion - some people are just born complainers. They would even find a problem with the 7 star Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai. If complaining is in your nature, even heaven itself wont satisfy you.

With that being said, let me share my experience aboard my floating castle the "MSC SINFONIA"

Well firstly, queues are part of life. We all need to join them and wait our turn. This does not have to become the bane of our existence does it? My mum, aunt and myself were elated and excited right from the moment we stepped into N-Shed, Durban Harbour. Any situation can be turned into a fun one in my book.

Our wait was not long before we boarded the Sinfonia, to be greeted by drop-dead gorgeous human beings who smiled at us individually and directed us towards our cabins.

Finding our cabin was super easy, and we were in awe at how beautiful everything was, and we were just dying to explore!

We booked an inside cabin, as I will still very nervous about overcoming my biggest fear and phobia of the water, so thought it best not to be able to see it through a window... But next I am booking a cabin with a balcony!!

From that point, the rest of our experience was nothing short of a dream come true, a fairytale, an absolutely mind-blowing experience.

From the decor, to the food, to the general feel aboard, we felt like we were royalty.

I've been reading up on unhappy people wanting compensation for not going to Maputo or the Portuguese Islands due to bad weather conditions. Well to bring contractual liability and obligation into it, it clearly states in the always unread "terms and conditions" that the course of the ship might change due to advers weather conditions and it is at the captains discretion. And to me its a no-brainer, I mean, no ship captain has the power to have direct conversations with GOD and ask him to please postpone the cyclone because some people are cruising...

Another thing people were complaining about, and being very annoying indeed, is that you wait in long lines at the buffet and that hot beverages are being served in plastic mugs. Last time I checked, a buffet always has and always will include a queue, so why would expect any different aboard a cruise ship? And the coffee/tea is still going to go to the same place whether it comes from a plastic mug or a glass one. Ridiculous complaint in my book!

The theatre shows were fantastic and reminded me of being back in New York at a Broadway show!

The highlight for me was a group called "The Dream Team"

These guys and girls were just a bundle of energy and always doing things to make the passengers laugh and join in the cruise festivities. Hats off to them!!! I wish I could convey a personal message to them and commend them on a job well done!!

My mum is a vegetarian, and that was a concern for us before the cruise. But she ended up being the happiest when it came to satisfying her tummy. The food was exceptional.

Our day spent in Maputo and the Portuguese Islands also were nothing short of perfect.

We were literally and visibly depressed when the final morning dawned upon us and we could Durban approaching. We so wanted to stow away and leave with her to Europe!

I have travelled extensively, so I am in a good place to compare and critique this experience. And the truth is that this cruise aboard the MSC SINFONIA was the best experience of my life and it will take a lot to knock it off my number one spot.

I will definitely be going on another cruise as soon as the nest season starts!

Publication Date: 04/11/12