Azura Cruise Review by ian chadwick

Embarkation: Barbados
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: JE
Cabin Number: c301
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
transatlantic
Firstly let me say,That I prefer Ventura To Azura,just slight differences which sway me slightly to this preference,but no major dislikes with Azura.

Firstly,flight from Manchester on Sat,was comfortable,with complimentary drinks,so well done Thomas cook,the start of a holiday is important and the flight is part of it.

Transfers to port were swift,and although there was an issue, in that my cabin was not ready,due to a flight delay,it was not the end of the world.

My cabin on C Deck was a balcony cabin that had been adapted for disabled use.It had a large balcony and huge wet-room/bathroom ,this was rigorously cleaned by our steward throughout our stay.C Deck seemed to have bigger balconies.

Drinks are well priced,about the same as most pubs,and all bars were well looked after and staff attentive.Our fav bar was Glasshouse,what a revelation for wine lovers,a great concept,which i'm told is being introduced to Ventura when in refit,

Food in general was good,not as good as ventura in my opinion but still of a high standard in most cases.Sindu is a must,the food was brilliant.

Entertainment good,headliners shows were really good,and most of the singers were good,with the odd exception.

Sea days were relaxing,but 9 days should of resulted in a little more than bingo,quiz and guest speakers.Coach pick up was poorly managed we got back to Manchester at 4pm unlike a previous reviewer who fared a little better.

Totally enjoyable,although based on my Previous Ventura cruise last year,standards have slightly slipped. In closing,I am not a seasoned cruiser,and feel that i totally got good value for money.You can take/or buy alcohol on board,but prices are not designed to clean you out.

Publication Date: 04/11/12
Read the Transatlantic ports review by ian chadwick
More Azura Cruise Reviews