Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by SweetSuzanne

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by SweetSuzanne
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: SweetSuzanne
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 8B
Service Not Rated

Disappointed with Carnival Liberty
We sailed on March 30th through April 7th out of Miami. The ship itself was as all their ships are...this time we upgraded to a veranda room...well worth the money. Loved having the deck to sit out on in the morning and in the evening. The rooms are more spacious than inside rooms and the fresh air and light is wonderful. Our room steward James was great as was our dinner staff.

However...their was a large group of high school students,(From Michigan) with what appeared very young chaperones..who were on a spring fling adventure. They took over the liddo deck, the pool was their territory. They were drinking alcohol illegally, being bought by the chaperones, both on the ship and the private island Half Moon Cay. Security did little to stop their behavior and no one told them they weren't allowed to drink. Why was this allowed to go on? Finally, I went to the adult pool to get away from the 'children' and there were families who had taken their children to the adult pool afraid they might get hurt in the other pool with the high school kids doing wild jumps into the pool etc. When I asked a waiter about why these kids were allowed in the pool for adults they told me it wasn't their job to handle that. When I asked who's in was I was told I would have to notify security myself. They weren't going to do it for me. I was stunned, this is nto the atmosphere that I have had on past cruises.

In addition the fun cruise staff was far from fun...on some of the video they showed of events on the big screen the staff looked bored. Where is the excitment I have seen on past cruises. Really subpar as far as events went also. We went to a scrapbooking class and the young women in charge had no idea how to scrapbook she said, but had some supplies if we wanted to. Why would they put someone in charge of this if they have no idea what do to?

We went to a gem seminar-which was very informative! Off to St Thomas we headed. I wanted diamond earrings and my friend was looking for tanzanite. We were told this was the place to get the best deals. We both bought earrings. When we docked at Grand Turk they offered a coupon as we got off the boat for a gem place that had a higher carot weight tanzanite for less money...she was not happy, but bought those also, since they were such a great deal. If they knew about this ahead of time, since they had the coupons why were we told to buy in St Thomas????

Very few shipboard events than we had had on previous cruises. The food was ok, but the lunch buffet seemed to mimic the night before dinner left-overs. The meals in the past were wonderful with many options, they were so so this time. I ate the same thing most nights....flat iron steak which was cook nice and rare....and when you asked for a little taste of something they brought you a full meal, very wasteful.

Overall unhappy with excursion options, the sky-ride at St Thomas was great! The beach at Half Moon Cay beautiful. Puerto Rico did not impress me and Grand Turk was a Carnival owned dock with carnival shops and the beach was horrible.

Would not go on the liberty again...and next cruise will try another line,,Celebrity perhaps.

Publication Date: 04/10/12