Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by teacher609: Satisfied First Time Cruiser!

teacher609
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.0

Satisfied First Time Cruiser!

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I must admit that I was apprehensive about the Bahamas Celebration cruise after reading a few negative reviews. However, I'm glad I chose to sail anyway!

My 16 year old son and I flew to West Palm Beach International airport and took a shuttle to the Port of Palm. The shuttle dropped us off right at the entrance. We arrived around 12:30.

I printed and completed the embarkation forms ahead of time, so the check-in process was a breeze. We didn't have passports since we weren't staying on the island, but our birth certificates and IDs worked just fine. I put cash on my cabin card instead of using a credit card. That worked out as well. We took our luggage with us on the boat, but the staff members asked if we wanted to leave it for them to take to the rooms. We did, and the luggage was in the hallway after we finished eating at the buffet.

We chose our dining reservations. We signed up for the Crystal the first night, and Rio's the 2nd night. HENRY was More an awesome waiter at The Crystal!! Other reviews stated that they did not like Rio's, but we actually liked both restaurants. We enjoyed the Duck, Beef Wellington (Rio's), salad, dessert....everything was really tasty! The breakfast buffets were also delicious, but no bacon! :( There was a lot of bacon wrapped meat at Rio's though. :)

Once we arrived at Freeport, I paid $10.00 for the two of us to take a taxi to Lucaya instead of the excursion. We did some shopping, hung out on the beach, took a banana boat ride, and enjoyed the view.

The onboard entertainment was great. We enjoyed both comedians. The magician, lounge singer, and contortionist were good also. I played Bingo, but didn't win :(

My son hung out in the teenager room for a while. They weren't a lot of kids his age, but I peeked in one time and he was playing a card game with some of the kids he met earlier, so he was having fun.

We had an ocean view cabin. We had to get used to the small restrooms, but once we got the hang of it, it was okay. Our room attendant (8th floor) took really good care of us and our room. The crew did a good job of keeping the entire ship clean.

The rooms were nice and cool. You could adjust the temperature if necessary. The flat screen television showed a few cable channels, but some were fuzzy.

The ice cream and pizza were pretty tasty. We enjoyed that and a buffet when we got back from Lucaya. The photographers took AMAZING pictures of us. We had taken so many, it was hard to choose which ones we liked best. The dark haired girl (I forgot her name), had several poses of us. She had creative poses as well.

On the last day, we ate breakfast at Rio's around 7:30. After that, we already had our luggage with us, so we got in line for customs. I'm glad we went down early, because the lines weren't that bad for birth certificate check-out. It was a little over 30 minutes wait time, then we were on our way! The lines behind us had gotten much longer as we were leaving. We had booked a hotel to stay in afterwards instead of booking a flight home right after the cruise. We stayed an extra day in West Palm and enjoyed the beach there.

Overall, it was a nice cruise and a great way to visit the Bahamas. It was our first time, so I don't have anything to compare it to. However, I am certainly willing to cruise again! Hope you will enjoy it as well. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration

Clean room on the 8th floor, but it would be nice to have updated comforters. The sheets were very comfortable and smelled clean. Our concierge pulled the two beds apart for us. He did a great job with keeping clean towels in the room as well. Some of the television channels were fuzzy. Room temperature was perfect!