Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Alabama traveler

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Alabama traveler
Carnival Valor
Carnival Valor
Member Name: Alabama traveler
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 8C
Dining 5+

Carnival still delivers
We had a wonderful and relaxing 8 day cruise on the Valor and I am not that easy to impress after so many cruises in such a short period of time. The embarkation was speedy and orderly. Our cabin was of the high standard class that we expected from Carnival, no worn unsightly furniture etc., and the room steward was excellent in almost every way. We never get a cabin on the level below the kitchen as to avoid kitchen noise. This was the 1st time that we had gotten a balcony toward the rear of the ship and have experienced no real difference on any section of the ships. I personally have enjoyed the front of the ship more because the middle of the ship seems to draw more people who smoke on the balconies.

The food was excellent , especially after you have been on Norwegian and tasted their blah desserts. The food in the fish -in -chips did not seem as good as on the Carnival Freedom nor were the portions as big. I guess it must be the ecomomy. Be that as it may be there are so many free food choices on this ship that none should complain and I bet none of the complainers lost any weight during the cruise.

I thought the theater shows were especially good and we noticed that some of the same lead singers whom were on our last cruise on the Legend had been transfered to the Valor. One negative was a show with a comedian whom did't tell many jokes but only clowned around with the audience for 30 minutes , I could have done that.

The bingo was great. That is the only form of gambling we partcipate in. Carnival delivered more relaxation and excitement than I was expecting and I think that is all they can do in customer service. The only negative aspect of our cruise was a charge to our debit card which was back dated and submitted to our account after it was closed. We will continue to sample other cruise lines but as for now Carnival is still number one for us.

Publication Date: 04/09/12