Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by quantumleapfl: A Major Disappointment in Liberty

quantumleapfl
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

A Major Disappointment in Liberty

Sail Date: March 2012

My wife and I took our two kids on the Carnival Liberty for Spring Break. We have usually enjoyed Carnival cruises, so we were really looking forward to this one. Overall though, it was a disappointment for sure!

Getting onboard the ship was painless, and that whole process was easy.

We really liked the itinerary, hitting up the Western Caribbean.

Let's do the good stuff first:

1) Guy Fieri's Burgers: A place on the Lido deck - definitely good burgers. They also have a ton of different sauces and toppings which is nice.
2) Iguana's Burritos: A place to get breakfast burritos, also on the Lido deck, that was really nice
3) Sandwich Shop - Good

Here is the bad stuff now:

1) The rest of the food was really pretty bad. We never had a decent meal in the dining room, and the wait staff was largely unattentative. This was mentioned in a lot of the other reviews I have read on this site - too bad that Carnival execs can't go on this ship More and realize it with the rest of us!
2) Entertainment was the worst I have ever been around on any cruise ship. Even the 3-day cruises have better entertainment (as far as the shows go). The cruise director (Karl with a K) was decent though. This was his last cruise before vacation, and his replacement (from the Carnival Sensation) was going to be his replacement. She is fantastic - wish she would have come a week early. Oh well.
3) Movies on Big Screen. Horrible selections for sure. In the mornings when there aren't a lot of people up yet I don't think it would be too much to ask to show a movie - instead of the "ship video" running over and over again of the footage to date. Too bad. The evening movies weren't worth watching either.
4) Lido Deck Dinner: Horrible also. I was hoping to seek refuge from the bad food and service in the dining room upstairs, but that didn't work out so well. I got used to eating lunch at noon, and then going to Fieri's burgers right before they closed at 5:30 and calling it a day on the food. Just a thought.

The cabin was nice - room steward did an excellent job.

That's about it. We love the Carnival Sensation, so we are looking forward to getting back to that ship. They seem to have it together for sure. Liberty is just a mess. Wake up "oversight committee"! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>