Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by KGsNana: Good and Not So Good

Good and Not So Good

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

My husband and I took our fifth cruise with our daughter and granddaughter taking their first during her highness' spring break. Lots of kids. No problem. We've been on this cruise before two years ago so we were familiar with the ship, etc. There were some good experiences and some not so good.
Good:All crew members very friendly and helpful. Cabin stewards were as usual fantastic. Couldn't ask for cleaner accommodations and prompt service. I like plenty of ice and I didn't even have to ask. It was just there every time I wanted it. The ship overall was very clean. Getting on board and getting off went smoother than it ever has before. We were finished with lunch and ready to start relaxing before 1 p.m. Cabins were ready and luggage was there well before dinnertime. We were in one of the last zones to leave and we were off and loaded up to go before 10. Getting on and off in ports also went very smoothly.
Ok, now the Not So Good: The food. Not nearly as good as previous More cruises. Breakfast in the dining room was cold every time. Watery, powdered eggs everywhere. Not good. Not many good selections for dinner. I ate a LOT of chicken. The other thing and this can't be totally blamed on Carnival: saving lounge chairs has been taken to a new level --- cutthroat. They really just let anything go here. People put lounges anywhere and everywhere so there's not even a path to walk on. The Serenity area is the worst. We spent a couple of hours there one afternoon. The two lounges next to us had towels, a hat and a book on them. Nobody showed up to sit in them. FOR TWO HOURS. That's just rude, folks.
Would we take this cruise again? Yeah, probably. But in February or late January. I think the people are classier then. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Oceanview Main

Very clean. Good view. Twin bed arrangement gives you LOTS more room. Beds comfortable. Need Fox news!!!!