Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruzette: Traveling With Friends Always Makes a Cruise Better!

cruzette
Member Since 2010
1,640 Posts

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Traveling With Friends Always Makes a Cruise Better!

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Baltimore

Let me start by saying that I really like RCCL...and after this trip, I still think they are the best when it comes to the care, comfort, safety and security of their passengers. I'll touch on this a little more later.

The folks at the Port of Baltimore are always the best! They are helpful, friendly and efficient. Again, I will touch on this a little more later as well.

Our stateroom was great...great location on the 4th deck behind the Champagne Bar...and believe it or not, even with all the LOUD activities in the Centrum (just four doors away), we barely heard a thing! Our friends had this cabin last year and after seeing it, we decided to book it for this trip.

Once again I have to give the dinner menu a B-...they really need to step things up. The menu is really getting old and for those of us who like to cruise often, we would like newer choices without having to spend more money in another venue to enjoy a descent meal...then again, maybe this is More their intention. With that said, I must say we had THE BEST wait staff we have ever had! Santos and Mylene were awesome! Whatever we asked for, we got it! And what's up with having THREE formal nights?!? Really! Does requiring formal attire make the so-so food taste any better?? Even the lobster was a little disappointing.

Among the Ports of Call, St. Thomas is one of our favorites. We booked an excursion to Sapphire Beach where we got a nice view of the island while driving to/from the beach. At the beach we lounged in the sun, snorkeled, enjoyed a drink before heading back to the ship. It is one of our favorite things to do there.

I finally got my nerve to parasail in Labadee...only to be shut down by high seas/winds. Although I was disappointed, I was happy that someone put my safety ahead of the $$ they were now missing out on. Oh well, we'll see if the nerve is still there next time!

Now on to something I have never had to report on a cruise. I have never come across so may rude and ugly people as I did on this particular cruise...and I'm talking about the passengers! I watched people pushing others, saying nasty things to others, and my personal encounter with a woman (alone with two HUGE suitcases and a carry-on) in such a big hurry to disembark that she knocked me over with her luggage and just kept on rolling!! This after we helped her come down the ramp because she could not handle it all alone! What can I say...this was the icing on the cake of rude and ugly. Let me say one thing people...we are all in search of the same thing. We all paid a lot of money and took time away from everyday life to relax and enjoy ourselves, spend time with new/old friends, and experience things we don't get to experience on a daily basis. If you can't leave that crap home then PLEASE, take a trip by yourselves somewhere where others don't have to listen to you. I hear they may be offering trips to the moon for people like yourselves!

Let's talk about RCCL and the Port of Baltimore and how they care for the safety/security of their passengers. We witnessed several falls and heard several calls (in code). The crew on the Enchantment responded IMMEDIATELY. They always took swift action to insure the passenger was well taken care of, even if only precautionary. My own personal experience outside the terminal, when someone took me for a bowling pin and went for the strike, two Port personnel were on top of me in nano-seconds. With the assistance of several other passengers, I limped over to a bench (oh yes, I landed first square on both knees, then on my hands). The Port personnel offered medical assistance, and after we all determined that I was able to leave on my own, one of them personally escorted us thru customs, then helped us locate luggage, and even helped take a piece out to the car. They could not have done more!! My deepest gratitude goes to those who assisted.

So for the most part, were it not for all our friends new/old, this trip would have been a bust. However, I did learn something new. I now know that ignorant people exist everywhere, even cruise ships. When I see them, I will smile and walk in the other direction. I will NOT give them permission to mess with my vacation.

BTW, GO STARFLEET!! FRIENDS FOREVER! Less