Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by audreybella

Member Name: audreybella
Cruise Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: OA
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Amazing time on the Dawn
We have the best vacation ever on the March 18th 10 day sailing on the Dawn.

Embarkation was a breeze even though there was a huge line up of people, we expecting a long wait, it was pretty smooth. We got to the port at about 12:30 and I think we were on the pool deck by 1:30 at the latest. I went straight to the Garden Cafe for my first meal on the ship.

Our room was incredible. We decided to get an oceanview for this trip and it was worth every penny! I loved the size of our room and I was surprise at how spacious it turned out to be. I loved having the window to look out and see the ocean and have natural sunlight peek into the room in the morning. It was a nice wake up call.

Food: We ate in the main dining rooms, both the Aqua and the Venetian. I personally think that the Aqua had better service even though the Venetian is supposed to be the fancier of the two. Again, not that service was slow but I find the Aqua was better. Food was great every night and there was always a special daily menu and I ended up always ordering from it each night. From lobster tail to ribs to crème brulee, the nightly specials were awesome. Of course there was also the regular nightly items that my husband ordered from a few nights, always satisfied his palate. We ate at Teppanyaki with another couple, some people rave about it, my hubby and I would never go back. Food was ok, but I would have preferred being in the regular dining room that night. My in laws went to Moderno one night absolutely loved it. Garden cafe always great, they had indian food almost daily and being a huge fan of the cuisine, I ate a lot of it and it was great! Definitely something for everyone to eat. Breakfast was good and loved the omelets that were made for you on the spot.

Staff: The staff on the Dawn was superb!!!!!! The cruise director Paul Scally and the staff, WOW!!! We are the type that participate in every possible event throughout the ship so we got to know everyone working there and everyone knew us. Our room steward, Ariel, was incredible. We celebrated our 3rd year wedding anniversary and the day of, I guess he noticed our cards and he made 2 doves out of towels and a heart shaped out of chocolates on the bed. Incredibly sweet he was!

Entertainment: Jose and Patti we met last year on the Dawn and they were back good as ever. They played mostly in the atrium and we would pass by and listen to them. My favorite comedian, Dave Heenan, amazing as always. I bought his dvd on this trip. The hypnotist and magician was awesome. The second city group were impressive as well!

Samana: We did a private zip lining excursion with Tours with Terry, cannot say enough good words about this tour. NCL offered a free excursion to Cayo Levantado which is a beach, my inlaws enjoyed it there.

Tortola: Did a private dolphin swim excursion, I don't know about other people but this was my first dolphin experience and probably my last. We walked back to the ship as we noticed that the cab ride there was super short. We stopped of at a few bars along the way back for a few drinks.

Antigua: We did a NCL excursion on a pirate ship. It was a lot of fun. We went snorkeling with them and on the way back all you can drink rum punch, beer and non-alcoholic beverages were served.

St Marten: Most of my family members went to Maho beach for the planes, they had an awesome time. I went shopping and went to a beach right by the port. Great island!! One of my favorites.

Barbados: We booked a beach break through NCL and thoroughly enjoyed it!

St Kitts: Ladies Ladies, this is the land of purse replicas!! Louis Vuittons and Coach purses everywhere!!!! I only had about an hour to shop because we had booked a 3 ½ hour long snorkel excursion. Loved St Kitts

Publication Date: 04/08/12