Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by bobandfran: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

bobandfran
0 Post

Family & Children 2.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2004
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was without a doubt the worst cruise we have ever been on. The ship was beautiful, but the service and attitude of the crew was awful. We had booked out flight trough Carnival and they put us on Delta, for whatever reason that particular plane was delayed leaving for over three hours for an "FAA inspection", by the time we finally left we had missed our connecting flight to New Orleans out of Atlanta. Delta did put us on a later flight which we made by the skin of our teeth, however our luggage did not make it. This would normally not have been a problem, except this particular cruise had the first of two "fun days" at sea so we did not make port until Wednesday.

When we went to the purser's desk to explain our situation, they gave us a T shirt and suggested we shop in the ships store. Their attitude was one of complete disinterest and we found that to be true throughout the cruise. Needless to say, you can imagine the prices. When we finally got to our first stop on More Wednesday, we were told we would have to go ashore and get our own bags and they wouldn't send anyone to help us. We found the luggage in an open terminal in Montego Bay, unguarded and all of the luggage had been gone through, with things missing from each. We went through local customs and tried to find someone from the ship to help us get the luggage on board, but no one would help. We managed to struggle five very heavy bags up the gangway and were told they would all have to be x-rayed again and we would have to lift them up and put them on the conveyor belt. By this time we were exhausted and angry, one of the bags was too big to fit through the x ray and we were told they were not going to let us bring it on board. At that point, we threw a fit and finally a ships officer came by, helped us with the bags to be x rayed and helped is to get the luggage to our staterooms. He told us that if the pursers desk had just notified him, he would have had someone help us from the beginning.

Our stateroom was an outside stateroom on the first deck, when we boarded in New Orleans, we heard a banging sound like someone was beating on a pipe with a hammer, we ignored it thinking it would stop once we were at sea, but this noise persisted throughout the cruise. When we called, just one of many people who called and complained about the noise, we were told by the pursers deck to try ear plugs. On Thursday of the cruise, the purser's desk called and said they had another room for us, but it would be a downgrade. I didn't think anything could be worst than the one we had, but I was apparently wrong and I declined to take the change.

From the first day of the cruise, when we went to the purser's desk about our luggage to the end of the cruise, I found that the people working aty the purser's desk were uniformly rude, uncaring, and unhelpful. I have documented the cruise and tried to send the letter to Carnival Cruise Line hoping, that someone there would pay attention to the complaints, but so far I have sent three certified return receipt requested letters and can get no one at Carnival to sign for them.

I have been on many cruises, two of which were on other Carnival ships and those ships were wonderful, but if this cruise on the Conquest had been my first cruise it would have been my last. If the people at the purser's desk, at the beginning of the cruise had just had a little sympathy, said they understood our problems, and acted like they cared how we felt it would have made all the difference in the world. We had booked a total of four cabins, as this cruise was with our family to celebrate our 40th Anniversary.

My husband felt so bad about the way this cruise had gone that we booked another cruise in July on the Caribbean Princes and plan on celebrating out Anniversary late, but with a cruise line that at least cares about how you feel. I would never recommend Carnival Cruise Line to anyone and have gone out of my way to let all our friends know about our cruise and tell them to go on any cruise but a Carnival Cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>