Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by ElectraGlideRider

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by ElectraGlideRider
Carnival Fascination
Cabin Category: 8B
Cabin Number: m261
Dining 5+

Spring Break with my wife and 26yo son
We took Chris on his 1st cruise on Carnival Fascination during Spring break and he just loved it. We got a Balcony room that was on the very rear of the ship and had lots of good weather to enjoy it.

The food was excellent in the Imagination Room. One of the reason I booked this particular cruise is that I could get the "Early Dinner" (6pm). We noticed after we had checked into out room we were given the Late (8:30) dinner. We had that on out last cruise and that was the worst part, eating so late. So we spoke to the Matradee and he got us a table for the early. I was so glad he did.

Our rooms were kept spotless and house keeping even filled our small cooler with ice everyday. I can't say enough good things about the house keeping department.

One thing I did notice was that the buffet and lido deck restaurants were "past their curfew" a lot compared to carnival Ecstasy. Many times we went down for a little something to munch on and they were closed. Also seamed like there was less food variety as the days go by.

I was very disappointed about us getting less time on shore in both Freeport and Nassau. No explanation or anything and it's not like the weather was bad. We were supposed to be in Freeport until 8pm and Nassau until 10pm, but had to be back on the boat by 5:30 for both. I read on cruise critic reviews that this happened on at least one other cruise. I feel a bit lied too and cheated as those were the times listed before I bought our 3 tickets. That is another reason I picked this cruise was the long time spent in port.

Over all it was a good cruise. The employees on Carnival work their tail off to make your cruise a great one. Always saying hello as you pass them.

Publication Date: 04/05/12