Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by ElectraGlideRider: Spring Break with my wife and 26yo son

ElectraGlideRider
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Spring Break with my wife and 26yo son

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

We took Chris on his 1st cruise on Carnival Fascination during Spring break and he just loved it. We got a Balcony room that was on the very rear of the ship and had lots of good weather to enjoy it.

The food was excellent in the Imagination Room. One of the reason I booked this particular cruise is that I could get the "Early Dinner" (6pm). We noticed after we had checked into out room we were given the Late (8:30) dinner. We had that on out last cruise and that was the worst part, eating so late. So we spoke to the Matradee and he got us a table for the early. I was so glad he did.

Our rooms were kept spotless and house keeping even filled our small cooler with ice everyday. I can't say enough good things about the house keeping department.

One thing I did notice was that the buffet and lido deck restaurants were "past their curfew" a lot compared to carnival Ecstasy. Many times we went down for a little something to munch on and they were closed. Also More seamed like there was less food variety as the days go by.

I was very disappointed about us getting less time on shore in both Freeport and Nassau. No explanation or anything and it's not like the weather was bad. We were supposed to be in Freeport until 8pm and Nassau until 10pm, but had to be back on the boat by 5:30 for both. I read on cruise critic reviews that this happened on at least one other cruise. I feel a bit lied too and cheated as those were the times listed before I bought our 3 tickets. That is another reason I picked this cruise was the long time spent in port.

Over all it was a good cruise. The employees on Carnival work their tail off to make your cruise a great one. Always saying hello as you pass them. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Balcony Main m261

We had cabin M261 and it was a balcony room on the rear of the ship. It had a fold down bed over the king bed that my son(26) slept in. I love the fact that it was on the rear and somewhat private. I seen some balcony cabins near the front that had a walk way right in front of them with no privacy at all. Again the housekeeping dept was phenomenal

We hired a personal taxi on freeport to drive us around. We were told it was $45 for the 1st hour and $22.50 per hour after that. We wanted 6 hours which should have been $157.50 but they hit us up for $200 + tip. We talked her down to $150 plus tip. The lady driver drove us around and gave us a personal tour. She was very friendly and informative but kept wanting to drop us off and leave. She took us to a beach and we had the whole place to our self. We walked the beach and picked up a few pieces of coral fossil for souvenirs. She took us to another beach were there were more people and left. She came back in about 45 minutes and dropped us off back be the ship. I paid her the 150+30 tip.
Read 775 Freeport Reviews

My son Chris wanted to rent scooters and drive ourselves around Nassau, so we did. Right after you get off the boat in Nassau there is a woman who lures you into rent scooters. After paying $180 we were taken to the scooters and set free. We rode all over and I think it was one of the high lights of the trip for my son. Driving on the left side of the road was a trip to say the least. And driving through the round abouts just added to the thrill/danger. The locals drive real fast and that includes the numerous dump trucks that passed us like we were sitting still.
Read 2627 Nassau Reviews