“Jewel of the Seas is a Jewel”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

Caitinmountain Jewel of the Seas 5 Jewel of the Seas is a Jewel
Caitinmountain
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my second Buckeye cruise on RCCL. I cannot say enough about how easy it was to embark on this cruise. The people are so welcoming and friendly! Upon boarding, we signed up for the soda package, which I recommend if you are a sober traveler--you dont have to carry the RCCL cup with you if you dont want to--you can go up to any bar and show your Sea Pass to get a fresh soda any time you want! It was worth it not to have to sign for each soda. We stayed in Stateroom 7070, a Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony. We had 4 people in this suite, including myself, husband, 17 year old daughter and my sister. I was afraid we would not be able to sleep comfortably, but there is a bed that comes out of the ceiling (I kid you not) and we were amazed at how comfortable we were!! Krishna was the person who turned down the beds each night and he was very kind. Because this is a specialty cruise, we were not expected to dress up every night, but us girls enjoyed getting dolled up each night--it makes the trip so much fun! The food was great and so many choices, I recommend trying the obscure restaurant near the kiddie pool. The ports of call were Key West and Nassau, Bahamas. Both were great--but if you are traveling with kids who want to do Atlantis--you may want to think twice about this excursion--because the time constraint in getting back to the boat does not allow for very much time to wander the Atlantis grounds, and we got stuck in a 30 minute line without knowing it and wasted precious time waiting in a line for a water slide. I'm glad we took our daughter to Atlantis, but we would not do it again while on a cruise. Maybe a weekend trip. Anyway, what a wonderful experience. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the crew and all the workers aboard. If they have another Buckeye Cruise next year, I fully intend to be on it!! GO BUCKS!!!
Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Port
Even though we have been to Key West many times, it was still fun to debark and walk around for a few hours. The shops are overflowing with merchandise and we found a place that had $5 everytthing--so we stocked up on presents to take back home!
Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Beach Break
I would not recommend paying the exorbitant rates that the cruise line charges. My sisters took a cab for $4 per person each way and went to a beach near Atlantis. We paid $152 per person and hardly spent any time at all inside Atlantis--if you want to see Atlantis without time constraints, dont do it on a cruise...
Published 04/05/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Jewel of the Seas Review
Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?