Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Firstandlasttimecruiser: First Time Cruise Aboard Carnival Inspiration to Ensenada

Firstandlasttimecruiser
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 3.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

First Time Cruise Aboard Carnival Inspiration to Ensenada

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I do not normally write reviews but feel compelled to write something informative for those families like ours considering this cruise.

We are a family of 6. My wife and I are in our early 40s. Our kids range between age 3 and 18.

The cost of the cruise itself was covered due to my business so are only out of pocket expenses were for stuff we paid for on the ship.

I will summarize my review by saying the following: If you like Las Vegas and staying in hotels like Circus Circus or Excalibur and the type of people that usually stay at those places, then you will probably like this Cruise.

I will add that the weather was not great so that probably dampended the overall feeling a little bit.

GOOD THINGS
I thought the ship was pretty nice and was kept pretty clean.
The cabins were actually pretty nice and spacious.
Some of the food was decent.
The buffet was just Ok but the salad bar and pizza was good
The outside grill by More the pool was the best. Good hamburgers and hot dogs and breakfast. The Mongolian Wok was good
The Dining rooms were ok. Food was average, not great. Saturday was Prime Rib and Lobster but neither were very remarkable.
The staff was pretty nice and attentive.
The daycare for our youngest was great
The comedians at the comedy club were great. We had our most fun watching the comedy shows.

BAD THINGS
You can't get away from the low class people on the ship and there are a lot of them.
This really is a party cruise so if you don't want your kids exposesd to drunk people with foul mouths and trampy girls, you do not want them on this cruise.
There really is not much to do on the ship after awhile, especially if the weather is bad. The last day was terrible weather and high winds and swells so we spent a lot of time in the room.
The Video Arcade for the kids has some good games but not a lot of games so get bored after awhile.
The kids clubs are not too great for teens the age of mine (one almost 14 and the other almost 15). They wanted to go in the older club lounge for 15-17 year olds as they were bored in the 12-14 yr old one.
Smoking in the Casino? That sucks. I hate cigarette smoke
Having to dine with other people
Not a whole lot for little kids to do, especially if weather bad. Only real option for a 3 year old is to go into the daycare.
Stupid, low-class speople. Swearing around kids. Vomiting on the ship and gettign way too drunk. Smoking marijuana in their cabins and no one doing anything about it.
ENSENADA??? Why in the hell would anyone want to go here. I nly got off the boat because my kids wanted to know what it was like and it sucked. It smelled terrible and was depressing.
The pool is very small for all the people on board (didn't matter too much on our crusie because it was too cold anyway)
Two Jacuzzis in main pool area? Fit about 20 people total and there are 2000 people on the ship? Every time we consdiered using the jacuzzi was filled with young groups of drunk 20 somethings.

OTHER
Someone on our ship got very ill and there was no way to get them off the boat except to head all the way back to Long Beach and transfer them to another boat. Instead of us going to Catalina we spent the day cruising as fast the boat could go through heavy swells and high winds. A lot of people got sick. More importantly though, after this I realized that if somethign critical happened to one of my kids there would be no way to get them immediate medical help other than the limited help they have on the ship itself.

BOTTOM LINE
Not a family crusie for most types of families
Absolutely would not pay to go on this cruise and the way I feel right now I probably would not even return if it was offered free again.
I think the only way I would cruise again is if the ports of destination were places I wanted to visit and if I could limit my time on the ship and be with higher class people.

If you are in your early 20s and want to get drunk and meet some loose women and have limited funds for a vacation this is probably a decent option. Otherwise, I would not recommend. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Oceanview Main M211

Our Cabin was fine. The bed was comfortable and it was spacious enough for just us 2. Bathroom good size and clean. Wish they would at least have window cleaned when we depart but maybe not worth the effort.