Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by nurseneale

Cabin Number: M220
Dining 5+
Rates 5+

PERFECT CRUISE ON THE FANTASY
We arrived in Charleston 2 nights before the cruise and stayed at The North Charleston Inn. They have a nice cruise package. 1 night lodging and parking your vehicle for the duration of the cruise for about $78. The taxi ride to the pier was only $14. for 2 people each way. It would have cost $90. to park at the terminal which was lined up for blocks and you still had to get on a shuttle to go to the terminal. You cannot walk to the terminal at all. Have to be bussed literally only feet!

The food in the buffet was okay, but the food in the dining room was some of the best I have had. New York strip steaks, lobster and shrimp, prime rib, ribs and of course the wonderful chocolate melting cake.

the entertainment in the main lounge was just okay, but the band on board were fantastic. "Music Degree" The lead guitar player could rival Slash. (Guns and Roses). While I thought that their slots were a little tight, I did enjoy the casino and all of the table dealers were very friendly.

Robert, our cabin steward was great. I was disappointed that there was no frig in the room, but Robert kept ice in our small cooler that we brought onboard.

Key West was a nice port and we took the trolley ride around town. Freeport is an industrial port and my least favorite. Nausau is beautiful and the Atlantis hotel is a must see at least once. $4. per person taxi ride will get you there. I was disappointed that they now charge $36 pp to visit the aquarium inside the hotel.

Debarkation was better than embarkation. All in all it was a great cruise and I would definitely go on the fantasy again.

Publication Date: 04/05/12