“Rough seas made for miserable time!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jewel

anxiouscruiser79 Norwegian Jewel 3 Rough seas made for miserable time!
anxiouscruiser79
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Feb 25-March 3, 2012... This was my first cruise (and maybe my last). My husband convinced me to take a cruise since I refuse to fly (extremely clostrophobic) so we decided to go on the Norwegian Jewel since we read about the Nickelodeon for the kids. (kids are 6 and 8 yrs old) Let's start off with the cabin. Our room was 9010. Front on the ship and it had a balcony. Room was always clean and our steward James was awesome and would leave little towel animals in our room every night. He was on top of everything. The room was a good size. Bathroom a bit small but it was good for the 4 of us. Now onto the food, Main dining room was ok. Was kind of a pain to get a seat. Food really wasn't that hot and not much of a variety (pretty much samething every night) but it was ok. The washy washy ladies at the door were super friendly. We went to Czars palace to eat one night and it was HORRIBLE! We got seated rather quickly but took 2 1/2 hrs to get our food! (yes u read that correctly) very long time and with the kids made it that much worse. To top it off, they weren't even that busy. The Blue Lagoon was my favorite. Fast food and always came hot. Entertainment was ok I guess. They really didn't have that much saw Dora and Diego once. I never saw Patrick or Spongebob. They had Bingo, and shows every night. I guess the entertainment was ok. I wasn't to crazy about it. The pool area was wonderful. Kids had a great time and it was a nice place to unwind. I would definitely recommend the pool area. Oh can't forget the Casino. That was the best. I am really not a gambler but met great people there. Overall, I would have to give it a 2 out of a 5. The first night was incredibly rocky and i literally thought the ship was gonna fall apart. My kids were crying and I was throwing up for about an hr. I don't think i would do Norwegian again. A lot of people on board saying the same.
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BC9010
Front of the ship. Can feel every motion. Good size room. Small bathroom. Great balcony

I had the best time here! Extremely relaxing. Water was perfect. Played some games on the beach. Only thing that was HORRIBLE, the smaller boat we had to get on to get to shore. Talk about almost having a heart attack. Seas were rough, 2 people fell off the seat and almost overboard on that thing. Really rocky. But this was a great time.
Port
Be careful! When u get off the ship they hound you. I must have said No Thankyou 50x. Just keep walking and don't make eye contact. Shops r great did a lot of shopping here. Hair braiders are everywhere. They told me it would only be 60 bucks to braid the top of my daughters hair. Ya, it ended up being 147. Crazy!
Read 4,122 Nassau Reviews
Published 04/04/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?