Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by anxiouscruiser79

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by anxiouscruiser79
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: anxiouscruiser79
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BC
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
        3-6 1.0
        7-9 1.0

Rough seas made for miserable time!
Feb 25-March 3, 2012... This was my first cruise (and maybe my last). My husband convinced me to take a cruise since I refuse to fly (extremely clostrophobic) so we decided to go on the Norwegian Jewel since we read about the Nickelodeon for the kids. (kids are 6 and 8 yrs old) Let's start off with the cabin. Our room was 9010. Front on the ship and it had a balcony. Room was always clean and our steward James was awesome and would leave little towel animals in our room every night. He was on top of everything. The room was a good size. Bathroom a bit small but it was good for the 4 of us. Now onto the food, Main dining room was ok. Was kind of a pain to get a seat. Food really wasn't that hot and not much of a variety (pretty much samething every night) but it was ok. The washy washy ladies at the door were super friendly. We went to Czars palace to eat one night and it was HORRIBLE! We got seated rather quickly but took 2 1/2 hrs to get our food! (yes u read that correctly) very long time and with the kids made it that much worse. To top it off, they weren't even that busy. The Blue Lagoon was my favorite. Fast food and always came hot.

Entertainment was ok I guess. They really didn't have that much saw Dora and Diego once. I never saw Patrick or Spongebob. They had Bingo, and shows every night. I guess the entertainment was ok. I wasn't to crazy about it. The pool area was wonderful. Kids had a great time and it was a nice place to unwind. I would definitely recommend the pool area. Oh can't forget the Casino. That was the best.

I am really not a gambler but met great people there.

Overall, I would have to give it a 2 out of a 5. The first night was incredibly rocky and i literally thought the ship was gonna fall apart. My kids were crying and I was throwing up for about an hr. I don't think i would do Norwegian again. A lot of people on board saying the same.

Publication Date: 04/04/12