Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by anxiouscruiser79: Rough seas made for miserable time!

anxiouscruiser79
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Bahamas Cruises

Rough seas made for miserable time!

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Feb 25-March 3, 2012... This was my first cruise (and maybe my last). My husband convinced me to take a cruise since I refuse to fly (extremely clostrophobic) so we decided to go on the Norwegian Jewel since we read about the Nickelodeon for the kids. (kids are 6 and 8 yrs old) Let's start off with the cabin. Our room was 9010. Front on the ship and it had a balcony. Room was always clean and our steward James was awesome and would leave little towel animals in our room every night. He was on top of everything. The room was a good size. Bathroom a bit small but it was good for the 4 of us. Now onto the food, Main dining room was ok. Was kind of a pain to get a seat. Food really wasn't that hot and not much of a variety (pretty much samething every night) but it was ok. The washy washy ladies at the door were super friendly. We went to Czars palace to eat one night and it was HORRIBLE! We got seated rather quickly but took 2 1/2 hrs to get our food! (yes u read that correctly) very More long time and with the kids made it that much worse. To top it off, they weren't even that busy. The Blue Lagoon was my favorite. Fast food and always came hot.

Entertainment was ok I guess. They really didn't have that much saw Dora and Diego once. I never saw Patrick or Spongebob. They had Bingo, and shows every night. I guess the entertainment was ok. I wasn't to crazy about it. The pool area was wonderful. Kids had a great time and it was a nice place to unwind. I would definitely recommend the pool area. Oh can't forget the Casino. That was the best. I am really not a gambler but met great people there.

Overall, I would have to give it a 2 out of a 5. The first night was incredibly rocky and i literally thought the ship was gonna fall apart. My kids were crying and I was throwing up for about an hr. I don't think i would do Norwegian again. A lot of people on board saying the same. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 9010

Front of the ship. Can feel every motion. Good size room. Small bathroom. Great balcony

I had the best time here! Extremely relaxing. Water was perfect. Played some games on the beach. Only thing that was HORRIBLE, the smaller boat we had to get on to get to shore. Talk about almost having a heart attack. Seas were rough, 2 people fell off the seat and almost overboard on that thing. Really rocky. But this was a great time.

Be careful! When u get off the ship they hound you. I must have said No Thankyou 50x. Just keep walking and don't make eye contact. Shops r great did a lot of shopping here. Hair braiders are everywhere. They told me it would only be 60 bucks to braid the top of my daughters hair. Ya, it ended up being 147. Crazy!
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

It was ok. Went to Coco Beach did a little shopping then went back on Ship. Started to rain.