Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by SCOOP

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

What a ship!!
This has got to be one of the best cruises that we have been on. We have cruised now on all the classes that Royal has to offer and all I can say is Wow...initially about Oasis.

We ie; my wife and I and our 2 other couple friends debated on this ship for spring break because we were getting away from our 10 kids total and leaving them home... with our mother n law's of course!. Frankly, there were kids on this ship but nothing where I ever said "man there are a lot of kids on this ship". So if you are cruising without kids, don't worry about that!

We stayed the night before at the Hampton Inn at Fort Lauderdale Airport. The $10 per person shuttle to the port didn't leave until 1130am. We opted to take a cab instead, since we always get to the port by 10-1030am.

We arrived at the port at 1015am. The whole embarkation process was the smoothest I have ever experienced. We were on the ship by 1120am, at the Park Cafe eating the beef sandwich by 1145am. When we explored the ship it is truly and engineering marvel.

We never felt crowded either. There are so many areas of the ship where you can go. Our room was cabin 11323 boardwalk balcony. The bed was by the closet, which was great. One of our friend's were 11325 and their bed was by the balcony. The view was awesome and I did not have any issues with noise coming from the boardwalk area. Our private deck 11 aft balcony area was sweet and became less private as the week went on.

We had booked all our specialty restaurants, entertainment etc..well in advance and that was very useful. I would suggest doing that.

We ate dinner at 150 Central park, Chops, Giavonni's, the Chef's Table and Izumi's for lunch. All these places have their own flavor but we enjoyed them all. I feel the price was worth it. We ate at the dining room for dinner 3 times and I really have no complaints about the food, for being mass produced it was fine. My goal on this cruise was to avoid the Windjammer, however, I ate lunch there on day 2 and didn't return. The food was well...the Windjammer, kind of blah. There are so many other options like Park Cafe, the Solarium, Izumi's, Johnny Rockets, Sea Food Shack, Serrento's...you get the idea.

The shows were simply very good, not your typical cruise ship entertainment.

I found that the staff were very pleasant and accommodating, I did not see any rudeness that other reviews have stated. The ship looked very clean.

I really won't comment on the ports we visited, Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten, you can hit the ports section of Cruise Critic, but we had a blast at all of them. I will say getting on and off the ship was easy no issues there either.

I loved the neighborhood themes, Central Park and The Boardwalk. The Promenade is a place to sit, people watch and grab a snack. The ship will move if the seas are rough, which they were for one day, so pack some motion sickness pills if that affects you or buy them for $10 on the ship.

Leaving the ship on the last day was even easier, so no worries there.

Overall this ship is amazing. We all had fun times and that is what it's all about!

Publication Date: 04/04/12