Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by SWalker12: Ahhhhh-MAZING!!!!

Norwegian Sky 5
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas

Truthfully after reading many reviews prior to my trip I was quite worried about how this would go for us. BUT it turned out amazing. My husband, my kids ( 3, 6 and 7 year old) have nothing but great things to say about our trip on the Norwegian Sky.
Our State Room: We went with the inside room (cheaper). We had 2 rooms side by side with a door in the middle. We kept this door propped open so we could see the kids at all time. The rooms were a an ok size. The do not have very many adjoining rooms like this but it worked out great for us!! Bathrooms are ok size ( 1 person in at a time) They will provide you with a hair dryer upon request. They do provide soap in dispensers but I recommend bringing your own!

Service: All I can say is out of this world! Everyone from Room service to wait staff. They made us feel like we were the only one who matters. Youth staff was awesome!~ I never thought twice about leaving my children with them!!

Food: was Good, always warm, More good variety. Quality was comparable to Any buffet restaurant ( Ryans, Golder Corral,Sizzler) FREE sit down restaurants were nice. We ate buffets for breakfast and lunch and sit down restaurant for dinner!

Youth Program: Our kids had fun but I think they could get a little more creative with there activities. Pirate Parade was the best!!!

Ports: Freeport- take taxi ( $10 round trip) to FREE BEACH ACCESS... It was pretty once you got there. We didnt do excursions here but had a good time in the ocean.
Nassau- Went to pirate museum and markets and on a glass bottom boat tour. Good times but we needed more time to spend on this island!!
Great Stirrup Cay- BEAUTIFUL!! yes they are still doing construction but it will not bother you! Beach is beautiful and no waves so easy for the kids to play in.. Dont waste your $$ on snorkling gear ( $30 to rent) just bring your own. I brought just goggles and saw plenty!!! Kids loved the Hippo slide! Less

Published 04/05/12

Member Since 2012
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X