Eurodam Cruise Review by tinrose56

Member Name: tinrose56
Cruise Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: HH
See More About: Eurodam Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
30/70
What I liked most about the ship is the food, it's better than some of the other cruise lines I been on. But the Lido deck buffet closes early, by 3 PM lunch was closed and by 8:30 PM the dinner buffet was gone. We didn't have a chance to dine in the restaurants because by the time we tried to make reservations none are available unless we want to give up going into port. We had open seating, which was convenient, but dinner can take up to two and half hours and once dinners were served the wait staff disappeared. One night they forgot to bring cream and sugar with the coffee, after waiting 15 minutes I just gave up.

The piano man Roger Carr was great, other than that there weren't much to do. We weren't looking for a party boat, but there weren't much entertainment. One night they even have the Pilipino staffs on the ship put on an ethnic stage show to entertained us (sure hope they got extra pay for it). Shopping onboard is this little area the size of my local conveniences store.

The cabin is kind of small and when they say "obstructed views" they meant it. We have what I think is the machine that lower life boats right in front of our port hole. If I manage to twist my body like a pretzel a certain way I can look past the machine and see the ocean. One morning I open the curtain and there was a crewman looking back at me. I think we would've been better off with an inside cabin.

At last be sure to check and keep all your receipts and statements. The morning of disembarkation I questioned a charge that was on my onboard statement and the purser reversed the charge and printed me a corrected the statement. However, when I received my credit card bill I was charged the original amount before the adjustment. I emailed Holland America and now they are saying the charge is for two bottles of water from the mini bar in our cabin that we never touched. Also, the ship was running a raffle for a free cruise and the tickets are $20 each. We brought two tickets but the winner was never announced and when we inquired about it, they weren't able to tell us the name or cabin of the winner.

Publication Date: 04/04/12