Eurodam Cruise Review by tinrose56: 30/70

Compare Prices on Eurodam Southern Caribbean Cruises

30/70

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

What I liked most about the ship is the food, it's better than some of the other cruise lines I been on. But the Lido deck buffet closes early, by 3 PM lunch was closed and by 8:30 PM the dinner buffet was gone. We didn't have a chance to dine in the restaurants because by the time we tried to make reservations none are available unless we want to give up going into port. We had open seating, which was convenient, but dinner can take up to two and half hours and once dinners were served the wait staff disappeared. One night they forgot to bring cream and sugar with the coffee, after waiting 15 minutes I just gave up.

The piano man Roger Carr was great, other than that there weren't much to do. We weren't looking for a party boat, but there weren't much entertainment. One night they even have the Pilipino staffs on the ship put on an ethnic stage show to entertained us (sure hope they got extra pay for it). Shopping onboard is this little area the size of my local More conveniences store.

The cabin is kind of small and when they say "obstructed views" they meant it. We have what I think is the machine that lower life boats right in front of our port hole. If I manage to twist my body like a pretzel a certain way I can look past the machine and see the ocean. One morning I open the curtain and there was a crewman looking back at me. I think we would've been better off with an inside cabin.

At last be sure to check and keep all your receipts and statements. The morning of disembarkation I questioned a charge that was on my onboard statement and the purser reversed the charge and printed me a corrected the statement. However, when I received my credit card bill I was charged the original amount before the adjustment. I emailed Holland America and now they are saying the charge is for two bottles of water from the mini bar in our cabin that we never touched. Also, the ship was running a raffle for a free cruise and the tickets are $20 each. We brought two tickets but the winner was never announced and when we inquired about it, they weren't able to tell us the name or cabin of the winner. Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Cabin review: Eurodam Large fully obstructed views Upper Promenade 4104

Should not sell cabins with "obstructed views" unless at a deep discount.

Beach Break

Also have to book through HAL because independent operators are not available. Gibbs Cay is beautiful but there's really nothing there but peace and sandy beach. Kind of wish they would leave the string rays alone at Gibbs Cay instead of chasing them so us tourists can have a photo op.

Snorkeling

(4)
Have to book through cruise line, independent operators are not available. Snorkeling was great.

It was the best way to end the vacation, this spot was beautiful. Just wish they had announced what time the BBQ be over. There were a lot of people went without lunch because they went at 2:30 PM and everything were already packed up and gone.

San Juan is a little scary if you go outside of the port area.
Read 1367 San Juan Reviews

This is the place to shop until you drop, can be very crowded. We were lucky to deck on a Wednesday when the local craft people can set up stalls once a week at this little park area.
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews