Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by impala1ss: Celebrity disappointed

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Celebrity disappointed

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Other

This is my 2nd Celebrity cruise the first being a Transatlantic on the Constellation 2 years ago. There was an obvious difference and lowering of standards. Without going into detail here (I will answer questions if asked)here are a list of problems we had. I normally don't sweat the small stuff but there were too many small, and big things to ignore.

The good:

- the ship was gorgeous, the rooms beautiful, and most service was wonderful.
- the food in dining room and Oceanview buffet was excellent.
- entertainment was very ggod, especially the magician.

The BAD:

- because of an outbreak of norovirus on previous cruise we were not allowed to leave terminal until 1-2 pm while they disinfected. Very congested.
- got to cabin which was ready but didn't see the steward until the next evening. She came in to introduce herself and show us how to use the lights, where the life preservers were, how to use the TV, etc etc. - The 2nd day after we had More figured everything out by ourselves.
- had the Classic package for alcohol and the Cabernet and Merlot wines were the worst ever and we couldn't get any other brand. Guest Relations told us basically "tough."
-food in dining room was great when we got what we wanted. I got turkey parmaigano one evening but there was no turkey, Wife got Trout Almondine one night and only got a bare piece of fish. Another night didn't get soup I ordered and another got someone else's dinner. The taste and quality of what we ordered was very good however.
- Disembarkation was a zoo.
- No space on any deck to sit during day unless you got there very early.

I have read rewiews like this before and always took them with a grain of salt, you should also. Comparing this cruise to a Celebrity Transatlantic cruise 2 years ago was difficult because the transatlantic one was perfect in every way. Celebrity has obviously changed something in that time for the worse. I won't be back. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>