Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by kcsun: Great time on the Seranade!

kcsun
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great time on the Seranade!

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Embarkation: we flew to San Juan 2 days ahead, to see Old San Juan. Had dinner and enjoyed the flamenco show at Barrachina one night. At the port early, took about 30 minutes from arriving until we were on the ship. Lunch in Windjammer- forgot this ship has very nice outside dining areas, which we used every time we ate in the Windjammer. Luggage was delivered in a very timely manner. Cabin was ok- in the very front so quite a bit of walking (but made for a quiet area).
Dining: we had the later dining time and lucked out with a table for 4 and no one else showed up. The best service by our waiter and asst. waiter- and we found the food quite good. Some meals better but overall good. Windjammer was also good- some rather interesting selections. Dined at Portofino one night- excellent food and service. Well worth the $20 charge.
Activities: Only show we went to was the Quest- a riot. Did a little damage in the casino (to ourselves, not the house!). With a port-intensive cruise More like this one, not much inclination to do a lot once back on the ship.
Ports: did mostly beaches- the ride to Cane Garden Bay in Tortola was hair-raising but afforded wonderful views. In Dominica, took the trolley tour. A very poor city but we found the people so warm and friendly. Our guide was very proud of his country. Usual vendors on the beaches- most unusual was the green velvet monkey ("Max") in St. Kitts!
Disembarkation: Waited in the Platinum and above lounge and were off the ship quickly. Seemd like one of the smoother disembarkations I have experienced.
Overall: Enjoyed the Seranade very much. Yes, it does need a touch-up but the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly and our stateroom attendent Elroy was a gem. I'll take that over shinier windows anytime! Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7

I questioned the balcony on cabin 8508 when I booked. I was told it was full size for it's class but the ship diagram looked funny to me. Sure enough, we were the first balcony on the starboard side from the front. The view was abstructed by a curving wall, so I was not happy.