Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by ytrap2007

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: ytrap2007
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Great time on Freedom
Embarkation went very smoothly. We got there at approximately 2:30 and we were on the Freedom by 2:45. Fantastic!

CABINS: Very roomy (bigger than past Carnival cabins). Our Stewart was awesome and our room was always cleaned and well stocked.

DINING: Our head-waiter did a great job and the bartender always came by to see if we needed anything. I found the food to be very tasty, and beautifully presented.

ACTIVITIES: My family, which consisted of my mother, my father, my husband and me, appreciated the lounge singers (Maryjen and Jum) who sang in the lobby. We are huge fans of theirs and we may base our next cruise on which ship they are assigned to next. They sang a variety of songs that everyone could appreciate. My parents love to dance to a waltz and they were sure to provide beautiful waltzes for them to dance to. They catered to people of all ages and musical preferences. The female singer (Maryjen) had an angelic, crystal clear voice and her husband (Jum) had an impressive vocal range. If you should take this cruise and see them, please tell them that Jim, Mary, Lew and Becky say hi. ?

We loved the shows (especially the Beatles tribute) The Freedom has a fantastic group of singers and dancers. Cruise Director Brad kept us busy with fun things to do.

DECK PLANS: My advice is to get a map of the ship and get to know where you are and where you need to go. It is not intimidating once you get to understand the layout of the ship.

SPA: The spa is so underrated. I took advantage of the lap pool, the hot tube, the sauna, and the steam room. You must check this out! It is free to take advantage of those services.

ROOM SERVICE: Totally free (tips are welcomed) the food was great. Best tuna sandwich. I highly recommend using this service if you want to relax in your cabin.

OVERVIEW: Carnival Freedom was the perfect place to spend time with my family. They were professional to take care of our problem with the Blue Lagoon excursion. (I wrote about it in detail on the board) They refunded our money. I read some reviews and some folks are so picky to complain about the ship rocking. I don't think it is any fault of the Freedom, just be sure to bring Dramamine. If you have booked a cruise with Freedom, be prepared to have pleasurable time with very little worries.

Publication Date: 04/04/12