Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by ytrap2007: Great time on Freedom

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great time on Freedom

Sail Date: March 2012

Embarkation went very smoothly. We got there at approximately 2:30 and we were on the Freedom by 2:45. Fantastic!

CABINS: Very roomy (bigger than past Carnival cabins). Our Stewart was awesome and our room was always cleaned and well stocked.
DINING: Our head-waiter did a great job and the bartender always came by to see if we needed anything. I found the food to be very tasty, and beautifully presented.

ACTIVITIES: My family, which consisted of my mother, my father, my husband and me, appreciated the lounge singers (Maryjen and Jum) who sang in the lobby. We are huge fans of theirs and we may base our next cruise on which ship they are assigned to next. They sang a variety of songs that everyone could appreciate. My parents love to dance to a waltz and they were sure to provide beautiful waltzes for them to dance to. They catered to people of all ages and musical preferences. The female singer (Maryjen) had an angelic, crystal clear voice and her husband (Jum) More had an impressive vocal range. If you should take this cruise and see them, please tell them that Jim, Mary, Lew and Becky say hi. ?
We loved the shows (especially the Beatles tribute) The Freedom has a fantastic group of singers and dancers. Cruise Director Brad kept us busy with fun things to do.

DECK PLANS: My advice is to get a map of the ship and get to know where you are and where you need to go. It is not intimidating once you get to understand the layout of the ship.
SPA: The spa is so underrated. I took advantage of the lap pool, the hot tube, the sauna, and the steam room. You must check this out! It is free to take advantage of those services.

ROOM SERVICE: Totally free (tips are welcomed) the food was great. Best tuna sandwich. I highly recommend using this service if you want to relax in your cabin.

OVERVIEW: Carnival Freedom was the perfect place to spend time with my family. They were professional to take care of our problem with the Blue Lagoon excursion. (I wrote about it in detail on the board) They refunded our money. I read some reviews and some folks are so picky to complain about the ship rocking. I don't think it is any fault of the Freedom, just be sure to bring Dramamine. If you have booked a cruise with Freedom, be prepared to have pleasurable time with very little worries. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Oceanview Main 2419

We took a private cab ($12 per person, round trip) to Jolly Resort and it was breathtaking. One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen! They do charge for a chair and umbrella. ($10 for umbrella, $5 for chair) BTW, I brought my own thermos (Super Big Gulp from 7-11) filled with ice-water and it was great to have! Please do not flash money, don't wear jewelry (leave wedding rings etc., in safe) Don't mean to scare you, but it is a very poor country and did not see many police or law enforcement. Better to be careful :)
Read 801 Antigua Reviews

Beach Break

(1)
A "zero" would be of a more appropriate rating than a "1" because I never got to experience this excursion. My family and I were 30 minutes early and got our bracelets to indicate we paid for the excursion. ($95 per person, included meal)The tour began by the ship and we had to walk the pier (which is a LONG walk) The man who led the group said more than once, "Do not loose me, you need to keep up with me." My family and I could not keep up him and we lost our tour. There is a free bus that will take you from your ship to the end of the pier, but we had to walk) Granted, a lot of people are able to do this, but not everyone has the ability to walk the pier at a brisk pace. At any rate, we went back to the Freedom and they were very professional and refunded our money. I must say, 'shame on http://www.dolphinencounters.com/' My advice, would be to do some research and book your Blue Lagoon tour with another tour-group. This was unacceptable!

Paradise Point Skyride

(1)
My advice is to hire a private cab (about $25 per person) because you get more for your money and you will experience more magnificent views and points of interest. This excursion (Skyride) was a waste of money. First of all, it is rated as an "easy" excursion and there were many stairs to climb in the heat. If you are fit and in top health, you will have no problem. However, it was hard for my family.