Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Carolinagurl81: A Fascinating time on the Carnival Fascination!!!! (NEWBIE)

Carolinagurl81
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

A Fascinating time on the Carnival Fascination!!!! (NEWBIE)

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

Let me start off by saying that I'm one of those people that swore I would never step foot on a ship and go out in the ocean, (just one of my many fears),wish I would have knew years ago what I was missing out on.... (LOVED EVERY MOMEMT).. My Hun and I took a 5 day cruise (kid free)on the Carnival Fascination, March 26- 31 2012.... We drove from Greenwood SC to Jacksonville,we arrived in Jacksonville a few hours earlier so we could search for cheaper secure parking,because there was no way I was gonna pay $75 dollars at JAXPORT Cruise Terminal parking which in our case we would have had to pay $125 dollars because our car is considered to be over-sized.Did not take long at all to find a place called V.I.P. park and ride. For the low cost of $31 dollars.You pull up,they unload sour luggage put it in their van, you take about a 10 minute ride to Jaxport ....

WE arrived at our terminal at 11:30,was checked in and on board by 12:00 and our room was already cleaned and ready for More us, we stayed in cabin M229 (balcony) on the main deck... SUPER CLEAN ROOMS, the entire ship was always spike and span...We choose to eat in the Coconut Groove the whole stay aboard (buffet), food was OK but not worth complaining about..You will most definitely gain 5 or 10 pounds during your stay.. Services was always good,they had a good bite of different activities and entertainment on the ship. I think they need to allow more time when you do you do your2 ports, if you choose to do any Shore Excursions you don't have a whole lot of time for site seeing... Most stuff on the boat was at average prices, only thing I can really complain about is, I think they should have a few more shops onboard and their adult beverages are a little to pricey..

Arriving back to Jaxport going through customs is very quick.. WE was called to disembark around 8:50, and back on V.I.P park and ride van by 9:00 and on our way home around 9;15. All and all I had a awesome time and will be cruising again in the near future , but will be cruising with my 3 kids here on out literally killed me being away from them for those 5 days... Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Balcony Main m229

Carnival Fascination cabin 8A M229, awesome balcony, good location not to far from elevators or stairs. Bathrooms did have a not so good smell the whole time..But again not worth complaining about, also when coming or leaving ports you could hear a little noise below, not worth complaining about either...

Beautiful place, lots to do,lots of different shops.Not to pricey on most of their stuff, Very friendly people there to meet... We did not take an excursion for this port. we choose to rent a moped and still didn't get to see half of the island,but really enjoyed the short visit we took before we had to come back to the ship
Read 730 Key West Reviews

Snorkeling

(4)
Different environment that's for sure, a little crowed, awesome sites to see, enjoyed the snorkeling excursion, I would however suggest if you choose it to bring ur own equipment instead of using theirs, friendly people for the most part...Average prices at shops and restaurants...