Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Carolinagurl81

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Carolinagurl81
Carnival Fascination
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8A
Cabin Number: m229
Public Rooms 5+

A Fascinating time on the Carnival Fascination!!!! (NEWBIE)
Let me start off by saying that I'm one of those people that swore I would never step foot on a ship and go out in the ocean, (just one of my many fears),wish I would have knew years ago what I was missing out on.... (LOVED EVERY MOMEMT).. My Hun and I took a 5 day cruise (kid free)on the Carnival Fascination, March 26- 31 2012.... We drove from Greenwood SC to Jacksonville,we arrived in Jacksonville a few hours earlier so we could search for cheaper secure parking,because there was no way I was gonna pay $75 dollars at JAXPORT Cruise Terminal parking which in our case we would have had to pay $125 dollars because our car is considered to be over-sized.Did not take long at all to find a place called V.I.P. park and ride. For the low cost of $31 dollars.You pull up,they unload sour luggage put it in their van, you take about a 10 minute ride to Jaxport ....

WE arrived at our terminal at 11:30,was checked in and on board by 12:00 and our room was already cleaned and ready for us, we stayed in cabin M229 (balcony) on the main deck... SUPER CLEAN ROOMS, the entire ship was always spike and span...We choose to eat in the Coconut Groove the whole stay aboard (buffet), food was OK but not worth complaining about..You will most definitely gain 5 or 10 pounds during your stay.. Services was always good,they had a good bite of different activities and entertainment on the ship. I think they need to allow more time when you do you do your2 ports, if you choose to do any Shore Excursions you don't have a whole lot of time for site seeing... Most stuff on the boat was at average prices, only thing I can really complain about is, I think they should have a few more shops onboard and their adult beverages are a little to pricey..

Arriving back to Jaxport going through customs is very quick.. WE was called to disembark around 8:50, and back on V.I.P park and ride van by 9:00 and on our way home around 9;15. All and all I had a awesome time and will be cruising again in the near future , but will be cruising with my 3 kids here on out literally killed me being away from them for those 5 days...

Publication Date: 04/04/12