Disney Magic Cruise Review by Theatre Lover Cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Magic Cruise Review by Theatre Lover Cruiser
Disney Magic
Disney Magic
Member Name: Theatre Lover Cruiser
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 5A
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        16+ 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
We Went for the Disney Theatrical Experience
I must admit that my family was pleasantly suprised by our just completed Disney Cruise on the Magic to the Western Caribean.

We were meeting some friends on the boat and I was taking my 85 year old father, who was and is a big Disney fan. He visiting the original Disneyland in its earliest days. We also had my 16 year old teenager and my beautiful wife as well.

I had been on 3 Carnival Cruises to Mexico and various Caribbean ports before; so I pretty much knew what I was going to get. Even though I knew what I was going to get; Disney just did it better. Let me give you ten not obvious, but important reasons to go on a Disney Cruise.

10. The ship, the Magic, is so darn beautiful; a classy design; a gorgeous boat. It sailed smooth and steady.

9. Safety; we had safety drills within an hour of sailing. Disney takes safety very seriously. The whole crew participates.

8. Free Ice Cream, Soda, Milk, all day long.

7. The food? Yes the food; surprisingly good with a wide variety of choices; from Lobster, to Leg of Lamb; to medallions of beef, to fresh sushi.

6. The Excursions - Disney checked them out ahead of time and they are first class. We did the snorkeling excursions and they were a lot of fun.

5. Clean, clean clean. The boat is clean, the public toilets are clean, the carpeting is clean. It smelled clean. The workers pressure sprayed the salt marks on the outside hull during one port of call. You want clean? You want Disney clean. ps. check out Goofy painting the stern at every port of call.

4. No hassles. Disney picks you and your luggage up from the airport and drops you back off. Its easy and quick and it all worked smoothly.

3. The attitude of the Disney crew. I know it may sound fake, but these Disney workers want to be there, on their boat, serving you. They take pride in their jobs. They want to please you. At the end of my week, I was finally convinced, Disney workers are special.

2. The imagination of the theatrical shows. I do theatrical reviewing for a small town publication. These Disney shows are top notch; Broadway caliber. Yes the themes are Disney, but the special effects, the gorgeous voices, costumes, and the dancing is very special. I particularly liked the "Dreams" show. Some of the voices on display take your breath away. My only critique would be the lack of live orchestra accompaniment.

1. Ok number one reason; the up close and personal "Disney Experience". You get to get close to the Disney characters, the performers, the waiters, the crew, the activities people. You get to feel the Disney experience in an up front and close and personal way. You can't get this experience in the parks. The parks are too crowded, too long lines, too hot, and you view Disney from 100 to 300 feet away. Here on the ship, its up close and personal. It made the trip special, not just for me, but for the hundreds of kids that had a special glow in their eyes after seeing Ariel sing or Mickey spend a few minutes with them. It is the reason I will come back again and again.

When we got off the boat, we elected to take in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot for a few days before heading home. While those parks were nice, they didn't give us the "disney experience" that we just had on the Magic. We said to each other that we had been transported from OZ to Kansas and we needed to go back!

Publication Date: 04/04/12