Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Chloesimon: Liberty of the Seas---Great Time Had by All

Chloesimon
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Liberty of the Seas---Great Time Had by All

Sail Date: March 2012

My wife and I along with brother-in-law/sister-in-law and two kids booked the cruise on Liberty of the Seas less than 30 days of departure with Platinum AMEX. We received $300 in onboard credit for one room and $100 for other room; bottle of champagne in each room; Johnny Rockets for four; Chops for four; two kids soda packages; and priority check in. The AMEX costs $450 per year but was worth it as we received 100,000 points when we signed up. The price of one room went down the day after we booked it so I called RCL and received $300.00 in onboard credit pursuant to RCL's 48-hour Best Price Guarantee.

We arrived at Port Everglades at noon having driven from Jupiter. The lines were long but as we had priority check in, it was quick.

We went to the Windjammer.The food was so-so. I liked the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Everything else was fair.

Rooms were available by 1PM.

The kids LOVED the cruise: ping pong, golf, soccer, rock climbing, and More Flo-rider.

The food in the MDR was outstanding, both lunch and dinner. Only the last dinner was fair. Our wait staff (Carlos and Oleksander) were the best. (We eat out a lot).We ate at Chops. It is well worth it. The food was plentiful and OUTSTANDING. The service was topnotch. We had the best table and watched the sunset. It was perfect.

The ship is clean and the ship's crew is ALWAYS friendly. I do not know how they are always happy.

We loved the shows (Up in the Air, Variety Show, Saturday Night Fever, and a male singer/impersonator who was just FABULOUS).

My wife and I stayed on the ship in Haiti whereas our companions went ashore and did the zip line and beach.

In Jamaica, we booked a tour with Marva at Know Jamaica. The online reviews said she was great. She was not. AVOID USING HER. She uses a junky tour bus; the driver seemed like he was trying out for NASCAR, tailgating everyone; and he said very little to us while on the 45-minute drive except to chat on his cellphone to her wife. It was overpriced. Dunn Falls was fun and difficult. If you are old or out of shape, be warned. You can hurt yourself. The lady behind me on the climb almost lost her balance. Luckily I caught her in time. You felt a sense of accomplishment once it was over. We also did the river tubing. You can skip this. It was not worth the money or the time. Our tour driver took us for lunch at Jerk Center: it was a horrible. Avoid this hole-in-the-wall as well as using Marva's tour company.

We carried our own bags off the ship. It was quick. I was in my car in one hour.

We had a great vacation. It would have been perfect if we used another tour company. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 9558

Booked junior suite 9558. Spacious enough. Not as nice as concierge suite on Celebrity's Eclipse.

Falmouth is a depressed area. It is not for the faint of heart.
Read 486 Falmouth Reviews