Carnival Glory Cruise Review by cruiserswithababy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Glory Cruise Review by cruiserswithababy
Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: cruiserswithababy
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 6B
        3-6 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

We loved the Carnival Glory!
My husband, 3 year old and I travelled with my sister and her husband on this cruise. My husband, child and I had an oceanview cabin (1276) which we loved. The shower was the biggest we had seen. The A/C didn't work extremely well, but it was cool enough. The window was huge and my daughter liked to sit in it so she could see outside.

This was our first trip on Carnival. All of our other cruises had been on Norwegian. There are good things and opportunities for improvement for each cruiseline, and I can't rate one over the other. We really like that Carnival gave us the opportunity to dine at our leisure because that's one of the things that we liked about Norwegian. I was a little worried that we might have to wait to be seated at dinner, but we never waited more than 5 minutes and most days we didn't wait at all. We were assigned to the Golden Dining Room. The menu selections were great! One night, we even had an option for Filet Mignon, which is one of my favorites. The Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert is great. Also, for the calorie conscious, they had diet banana cake, and it was great as well.

We typically ate our lunches at the buffet. The crowds at the buffet sometimes had us waiting 30 minutes or more for lunch, and this made it difficult for all of us to eat together. The food on most days, though, was good.

The casino was nice. I participated in a slot tournament, which was fun. We visited the casino several times while we were there.

We really liked that we could watch movies outside in the evening. They even served popcorn!

I can only describe Camp Carnival as awesome. My daughter was afraid of Fun Ship Freddy, but she loved everything else. She typically visited Camp Carnival for 1-3 hours per day and really enjoyed her time there. They did face paintings, build-a-bear, and lots of other activities. The camp counselors seemed really engaged and interactive with the kids and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I can't say enough good things about Camp Carnival.

We had 4 ports of call: Nassau, Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos.

I would highly recommend this cruise. Carnival Glory caters to a wide variety of people. We had a great time!

Publication Date: 04/04/12