Carnival Glory Cruise Review by cruiserswithababy: We loved the Carnival Glory!

Carnival Glory 4
cruiserswithababy
Member Since 2009
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We loved the Carnival Glory!

Sail Date: March 2012

My husband, 3 year old and I travelled with my sister and her husband on this cruise. My husband, child and I had an oceanview cabin (1276) which we loved. The shower was the biggest we had seen. The A/C didn't work extremely well, but it was cool enough. The window was huge and my daughter liked to sit in it so she could see outside.

This was our first trip on Carnival. All of our other cruises had been on Norwegian. There are good things and opportunities for improvement for each cruiseline, and I can't rate one over the other. We really like that Carnival gave us the opportunity to dine at our leisure because that's one of the things that we liked about Norwegian. I was a little worried that we might have to wait to be seated at dinner, but we never waited more than 5 minutes and most days we didn't wait at all. We were assigned to the Golden Dining Room. The menu selections were great! One night, we even had an option for Filet Mignon, which is one of my More favorites. The Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert is great. Also, for the calorie conscious, they had diet banana cake, and it was great as well.

We typically ate our lunches at the buffet. The crowds at the buffet sometimes had us waiting 30 minutes or more for lunch, and this made it difficult for all of us to eat together. The food on most days, though, was good.

The casino was nice. I participated in a slot tournament, which was fun. We visited the casino several times while we were there.

We really liked that we could watch movies outside in the evening. They even served popcorn!

I can only describe Camp Carnival as awesome. My daughter was afraid of Fun Ship Freddy, but she loved everything else. She typically visited Camp Carnival for 1-3 hours per day and really enjoyed her time there. They did face paintings, build-a-bear, and lots of other activities. The camp counselors seemed really engaged and interactive with the kids and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I can't say enough good things about Camp Carnival.

We had 4 ports of call: Nassau, Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos.

I would highly recommend this cruise. Carnival Glory caters to a wide variety of people. We had a great time! Less

Published 04/04/12

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 6B1276 Ocean View

The air conditioning didn't work that well, but the room wasn't too hot. My husband insists on bringing a fan and if we hadn't had that, we would have had to call about the air conditioning. My husband likes it very cold but it never got overly cool, though. We had plenty of storage. The bathroom was adequate. I loved the huge window! I would have no problems with staying in this room again, as long as the a/c is fixed.

Read All Ocean View (6B) Reviews >>

Island Tour

Our last stop, Grand Turk, is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever been to. The water was crystal clear straight to the ocean floor. The snorkeling was great. We stopped by a neat little church on our island tour and saw a lot of their government buildings. A few years ago, they were hit with a hurricane, but they are slowly rebuilding.

Beach Break

In Nassau, we did the half day at Atlantis. It is pricey at $140 per person, but well worth it. We all had a blast. We only had 5 hours at Atlantis, but we had exhausted our 3 year old and we didn't really need more time than that. Other people might not think 5 hours is enough, though. It does go by quickly.

San Juan, PR was very nice. We took a tour of the rainforest, and then of El Morro. El Morro was packed with history was a beautiful setting. I might pass on the rainforest, but I definately recommend El Morro. I wished we had more time there.
Read 2163 San Juan Reviews

For the next port of call, St. Thomas, we took the ferry over to St. John, which was absolutely beautiful. If you've already been to St. Thomas, I highly recommend going to St. John. It is just as beautiful as St. Thomas but isn't nearly as crowded. Be prepared for sticker shock, though. A small glass of freshly squeezed lemonade will set you back $6. However, it is very yummy.

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises