Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by 61forever: Epic - new Studio Cabin

Epic - new Studio Cabin

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

The experience on the Epic was the best of the cruises I've ever taken.Just not enough time at sea to enjoy it.

The excursions turned into a big disappointment for me. People had told me how long they were up to 9 hours but I thought great all the more to see. However, I was just left feeling empty.

The tours took hours as the ports we miles from our destinations so we spent most of our time getting to and from. Not too bad, lots of scenery on the way. The biggest disappointment was Florence although how I expected to fit in all I wanted to see in 2 hours we were given to cover Florence showed me how naive I had been in choosing this method of touring Italy. Rome wasn't much better and the Coliseum great from the outside but did not get inside. The Vatican was a 1 1/2 wait on the sunny side of the square.

Pompeii was my 'bucket list' destination. We stopped for lunch and a cheese demonstration pretty much a waste of our time that could of been spent in More Pompeii. We had a long delay waiting for the person who went walkabout at lunch and this delayed our departure. The guide then said we could not spend the amount of time we should of in Pompeii. Still eager and excited off we went to Pompeii. After a very brisk walk through Pompeii and after asking where the where the wall pictures, mosaic's and the skeleton casts were,her reply was "they are all stored away now". However, back at the ship we were shown pictures by passengers of their visit to Pompeii and they saw the mosaic's? I was left feeling really ripped off. Never again would I take a cruise for the excursions. Better to have gone by train and spent a few nights at each destination.

I think cruising in the Caribbean where the islands are small might be a better experience. Less

Published 04/03/12

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: T1 Studio

I loved my studio, I thought it just the right size for a single person, would be crowded with two although the bed could of fit two. Didn't mind the inside cabin at all, spent most of my time on deck. Everything was put together very cleverly. The price was excellent and the fact a customer didn't need to pay a single supplement was the biggest plus for me.

Montserrat Walking Tour

This was a beautiful location and a great site to see. One of the few tours I would put in the excellent catagory.

Firenze Walking Tour