Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by lenquixote66

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by lenquixote66
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: lenquixote66
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Our first ever Celebrity cruise
On March 17 at approximately 11:30 AM my wife and I and friends we were traveling with reached the port in Bayonee . We were on a shuttle bus .Five other buses were lined up and there was confusion as to which bus should leave the initial point to transfer to the buses that would take us to the ship .

An hour later we boarded .We were welcomed by a guy with champagne in hand .

We were directed to the buffet where we could dine till our stateroom was available . On all previous cruises we had either and outside or balcony cabin ,however ,we opted for an inside on this cruise .In the future we will definitely book a balcony .No complaints about the cabin but not having daylight available was not a good thing .

After getting and unpacking our luggage we decided to tour the ship and when we finished it was time to change clothes and get ready for dinner .However ,even though we had written confirmation from our TA that we would be dining with our friends as it turned out we were at different tables . This was rectified prior to the next days dinner .

Afterward we went to the evening show which was very entertaining . The next day was the Meet and Greet Party .It was fun seeing all the people that I've posted to over an 8 month period .

The following day was a Slot Pull comprised of people from the Meet and Greet and a lot of fun as well.

Rather than discuss each of the 12 days I am going to give my opinion of different categories .

Dining -I am giving a 4 . I normally drink decaffinated herbal tea with my breakfast at home .On this cruise the only decaf tea available was camomille whereas the caffinated tea was available in about a dozen types .

There were times that I could not find an entree to eat .

Public Rooms: all were excellent and warranted a 5 .

Cabin: Clean ,bed comfortable another 5

Entertainment -I am giving this a 4 .One of the entertainers appeared on a cruise that I was on 4 years ago and had the same act .

Fitness Center -excellent and a 5

Shore Excursions -we booked 5 ,one was excellent ,two were good and the other 2 were awful .We had a tourguide who virtually told us nothing and took us to shopping sites .

Service :Excellent ,we had a wonderful Room Steward and a wonderful Waiter and Asst.Waiter .

Overall we would give our Celebrity experience a 4 .We definitely want to cruise with this line again but this will be very limited as there will only be 2 cruises in 2013 and 2014 from Bayonne ,NJ .

We are hoping that Celebrity will not move their fleet to Fla .

Publication Date: 04/03/12