Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by craeside: Hmmm The Good the Bad the Ugly

Hmmm The Good the Bad the Ugly

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Other

Ok where do I start? Well let me start by saying why is it that there is always something, so far for us on Royal Caribbean that takes what could be a wonderful experience and well this one thing seems to simply ruin it. On top of this it always happens at the end of the cruise!!!! I hope RCCL is reading this !!!
So lets start with the Bad then we will go to good..

Let's start with this I had a slight problem with one of the RCCL recommended shops in St Kitts. I reported it to Dimitru the shopping guide who said he would take care of it and get back to me. Well over the course of 4 days I left six messages for the guy wondering when he planned on getting back to me. Well he ignored me and never did get back to me. That's right folks 6 messages and he never got back to me. Very upset at this as it's just disrespectful to not return a promised message.

I'm disappointed in the Windjammer waiting staff nearly every day we went there we showed up to tables that on More occasion did not get cleared/cleaned until after we had finished eating. And as for getting a waiter to get you orange juice, apple juice or coffee, forget it in two weeks I believe that only once or twice did we not have to get our own drinks. I would have to say terrible service in the windjammer on this trip. We found generally the staff on this trip were no where near as cheery or friendly as on the Voyageur, they were not rude but they did not have the same "wow" factor as Voyageur. However there are some exclusions to that statement. There was one blonde girl who sang in front of the Windjammer that was very good why on earth RCCL has not moved her to the entertainment staff I have no idea because she is a beautiful singer!!! and the no washy, no poody, no yummy, no happy guy he was hilarious and should be out front for every windjammer opening, he also server in the main dining room and he was very good down there as well.
And out state room attendant Lance.... Lance worked so hard and did such a fine job I can't even put it into words.... Generally we also found the main dining room staff at night was very good.Food was exceptional as usual but it seemed like there was less variety this time. The windjammer cafe windows were disgusting !!! I requested that they clean them so we could actually see out of them this never happened.

And as usual the photo department comes through with flying colours NOT! We bought the cruise in review DVD the sound quality well its crap sorry no other way to put it... Ships Services rating on scale of 1- 10 Ten being very good
Stateroom Attendant 15 (Yes I know 15 out of 10?? He was just that good)
Windjammer Service 3 (Very poor service)
Windjammer Food 8 (Very good food)
Main Dining Server 9 (Hand and Foot Service)
Main Dining Food 9 (Oh my god the food is Awesome)
Ships Crew 5 (Not as friendly as they could be)
Entertainment 13 (Yes 13 Entertainment was exceptional)
Cruise Director 50 (Ok I know 50 but this guy Richard Spacey is mind blowing he is so entertaining he is part of the show himself and he has fun with it and Frankie the Activities manager is awesome as well)
Captain 14 (He is truly a sailor he seems so uncomfortable with people which makes me feel safe as he loves his Job of being Captain and does it very well. I don't want an entertaining Captain I want one who would rather be on the bridge and this guy does)
Ship Cleanliness 3 This ship needs a good cleaning not anywhere near as clean as Voyageur.
Photo Department 0 Once again these guys just plain and simply suck poor quality DVD, some of them can barely operate the Cameras they use, and they are far to pricey I mean come one $149 dollars for 10 digital pictures are you kidding me sell them for $50 with all the digital prints and you might have the entire ship buy them and RCCL or image studios would make way more money.. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 9517

9517 was nice little inside cabin we did not spend much time in it... Nice and dark at night to sleep in.. No noise from any of the venues. We did not spend much time in the cabin only to sleep.

This rating would be a 0 if I could I would not go back to this port if you paid me ever !!! RUDE people and far to aggressive taxi drivers this place sucked !!!!
Read 801 Antigua Reviews

This RCCL World as we called it nice little port but the vendors in the Market ruin by being far to aggressive to the point where its very maddening. Nice beaches, Dragon coaster is fun awesome Zip lining. Good BBQ food.
Read 358 Labadee Reviews

Dirty Little city but very friendly people and a lot of history here. I would go back again.....
Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

Only one point below ST Maarten I would move and live to either one of these two places.... St Kitts was a lot of fun !!!!! Would go back any day...

I would go back in a heartbeat loved it....