Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by liveslowsailfast: Perfect week

1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Perfect week

Sail Date: March 2012

First let me say, by far, Karl with a K was the most interactive and enjoyable cruise director. His entertainment staff, Christian (ACD), Jacob, were all wonderful and uplifting. Their goal was to make sure you had a great vacation.

I was in trouble when I took the first bite into a Guy's burger. Think I had them for lunch 6 out of the 7 days. Dining room and buffet food, I would say was average, but you should never go hungry because there is such a wide selection. Think they cook with too much salt because at the end of the week my ankles were swollen.

Erica (AKA DJ ELECTRA) was a joy. She not only played great music, she was very interactive with the crowds even taught me Merenge and Salsa. Carnival has a gem with this employee.

Before dinner I would sit and listen to New Dawn in the atrium. They were delightful.

One negative is that they took away the Raggae band at the pool. It just doesn't seem the same. I spoke to several passengers More and they agreed.

Ports were all great.
At Half Moon Cay the water was crystal clear. You didn't have to spend any money there because they have a big barbeque. I walked down the beach and saw the guests on beautiful large horses, which they were able to ride on the sand and then go in the water. Wish I had taken that excursion. If I had a large group I would have also rented a cabana, I think it would be worth it if you could split the $300 cost.
We decided to take the ferry to St. John's after we docked at St. Thomas. Trunk Bay is my favorite. It seemed there weren't as many fish there at the reef. Heard later it rained for 4 hours in St. Thomas, but not a drop in St. John. Lucky us.
San Juan, just decided to walk around and look at the buildings, fort, water. Found some great locals selling ceramic angels which I bought for souvenirs.
Grand Turk again had beautiful water. This is a sleepy island. We opted to go to a less crowded beach. The taxi dropped us off at Pillary Beach, after telling him I wanted to go horseback riding. Well you really didn't get a ride as much as a walk. This, however, would be great for first time riders or children. They lead you down the beach for a leisurely stroll and then into the water. It was only $15 for half an hour.
Overall, a great time and I will definitely take another Carnival Cruise. I think it's the best value for your money. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Upper/Lower Riviera

Inside cabin it fine, who needs to spend time in there. I rather put the money I save to another cruise.