Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Jennerizer

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Jennerizer
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: Jennerizer
Cruise Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: GS
Cabin Number: U88
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Imagination does not disappoint
My best friends & I decided we needed a girls mini-vacation. One loves cruising, the other had never cruised before. So they left it up to me to decide which cruise line and ship to choose. Their only requirement is that it be a 3 night cruise.

I couldn't decide between NCL, Royal Caribbean or Carnival. My most recent cruise before this one was on the Carnival Dream last August. I was wanting to try one of the other cruise lines, just to see the difference. In the end, I chose Carnival because of familiarity and I know they would provide my friend who had never cruised before, the opportunity to see how much fun cruising can be.

We didn't want to spend a lot of money on the room as we always felt like we would be on the go & only use the room to sleep. I chose an outside view cabin with a two twins & an upper bunk. I had been keeping an eye on the suites & their prices. I couldn't justify in my mind to spend an extra $800 for 3 nights just to have more room. Well, the upsell fairy called a week before the cruise & offered us the grand suite for only $200 more. I took that opportunity & ran with it.

Ok...now to the review. VIP boarding was awesome. It was super fast & they made you feel special. I think it took 15 min from walking in the door to walking on the ship. I could get used to that. Unfortunately, that's about the only perk to VIP with Carnival.

We got to go to our rooms around 1:30 pm. We were very impressed with U88. The room is spacious, the balcony is a good size & the bathroom was nice. I slept on the couch. It pulls out to a double size & they used a feather bed type cushion to sleep on. I liked it. My friends were equally happy with their twin size beds.

We did anytime dining. Worked out wonderful. The comedians were ok. The adult rated shows seems to use a lot more audience participation than I had seen in the past. It was different. I don't really care for the dance/singing shows that were offered. Seems like the same ones I saw on the Dream. I had to fight to keep my eyes open as they were putting me to sleep.

The serenity deck was nice. We spent a couple hours there while everyone was off doing excursions in Nassau. We did a little shopping in the afternoon. We participated in the deck party on the Lido deck. It was quite entertaining & enjoyable. Carnival knows how to make it fun.

Overall, we all had a good time. It was fun spending time together & fun seeing my non-cruising friend experience her first cruise. I think she'll be back.

Publication Date: 04/02/12