Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Spooner2: Great Cruise love the Ship

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great Cruise love the Ship

Sail Date: March 2012

This is my 8th Cruise and 5th on Carnival and my husbands 3rd cruise. I must start by saying it was my favorite ship. It was most like a merge of Carnival meets RCL beautiful ship with a unique charm and theme to it. It is a smaller ship with only 2100 passengers and thought that was so much better then some of the larger ships such as the Splendor or the Glory. I felt the ship was more quaint due to its size and the lines for different activities including the buffet were much less annoying then on some of the larger ships. It was a much quieter cruise and it was nice.

We had an obstructed balcony room we booked late and it was one of the few options available with a balcony. At first we were not so sure about it but after being in the room it was not so bad we could see slightly off to the left side to the water but the rest you cannot look down just out but it was cool anyways (life boat comes up to bottom of floor). We are scuba divers and it was a great place to leave our More equipment to dry off or to have a glass of wine and read a book. We are in fact booking the same room next year on a cruise out of NYC. We save money and it works for our needs.. we just like to see the ports as we come in and leave...:) So looking forward to next year.

The food was good..would definitely recommend Nick and Noras was most excellent! The buffet had decent selections however was not so impressed with the pizza bar as the pizza was kinda of icky and the service was not so great.. dinning room was nice had nice service and meet some nice couples.

Spa was nice had a nice massage take advantage one day while being in port as you will save money on the services.

The Ports were great.. In Grand Turk we scubaed was an excellent experience although was not so impressed with Oasis divers dive shop. We did get a t shirt from the shop, grabbed a shot a jacksshack which is right next door and then watched flow rider at margarittaville...where the drinks are crazy expensive $15.oo bucks for two beers.. nuts..

La Romana was not someplace we spent much time at.. We managed to meet some others that wanted to do the Cigar Factory tour and did that. I would recommend this as it is amazing that everything is had done there.. It is an operation that you would never see in the states was very interesting.

Aruba was cool did the wreck dive there had a great time. then wandered around town had some dinner. I should mention that all but the restaurants and bars close at 8PM. If there is something you want to see do it before 8.

Then Curacao we booked our own excursion there and did a dive with the dive bus and had a great experience. I would definitely recommend them should you be a scuba diver was cool.. The town itself looks really cool in pictures but it seemed to us that it was a bunch of outlet type shops you can find anywhere in the states. There were no great deals there. The food was over priced. We actually ate on the ship and then wandered around again. I would love to visit there again but skip the shopping district. Most likely do more diving and explore the mountain areas of the island.

All and all great trip and cannot wait til our cruise next year! Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Upper 5190

We had an obstructed view balcony (room 5190) it was fine. We were leery at first but found that it suited our needs. The obstruction was not that bad life boat comes to the floor of the balcony and in this room you can see to the water looking down in the left hand side other then that you can clearly look out. The room itself was nice a standard balcony room bed was comfortable, linens were always clean and the pillows were just fine. The stewards kept the room clean and we would actually recommend the obstructed view to anyone who does not mind or wants to save a couple of bucks. We are booking the same room on our next cruise. I would rather have a massage then spend more money on an unobstructed view.