Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by sgpman: Explorer of the Seas

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Other

Traveled with two other couples to the Caribbean, departing Bayonne NJ, Feb 2012. Without exception, all six of us had a fantastic time. Having cruised on RCCL before, we had high expectations and they were exceeded. I am not a cruise critic looking for defects, I am cruiser who enjoys cruising. The food was B+, service A, entertainment AA, fun AAA+. There was always something to do during the day. We had early seating, and after dinner, we went to a trivia contest of some sort, then the 9:00PM show, then two or three more activities ending around midnight. Do not miss the "Quest" game. Then starts another day of fun. The crew worked hard to assure we had a good time, and we did. They didn't miss a trick! Always something going on somewhere. RCCL knows what they're doing and they execute well. The ship is beautiful, in excellent condition and always very clean. Since I am an experienced cruiser, the islands don't mean very much to me, so I get off the ship, walk around More the town, window shop, and return to the ship. RCCL has a private beach, and it's a beach party with grilled hot dogs, burgers, ribs, salads and other beach food - a fun day. Keeping in mind there were 3,500 passengers, RCCL handled embarkation and disembarkation efficiently.

One caution, if you intend to buy jewelry or watches, shop thoroughly before your cruise. I price tested four exact watches that I recently purchased and all four instances I paid less in the suburban Philadelphia area. In fact, one "island" jewelry store wanted a price higher than the MSRP on a watch I purchased two days before the cruise. Exact watches, not similar, exact. My best advice is not to buy jewelry or watches on the islands. Do not believe the duty free and tax free gimmicks. Probably you can get better prices on the ship, and you have recourse. Also, I would not ever use CruiseOne as a travel agent.

In conclusion, during the limo ride to Bayonne, the six of us were having a party in the limo with lots of conversation and lots of laughs; on the return trip, it was almost silent. Overall, RCCL has something for everyone. If you want to do nothing or be active all day and night or somewhere between, cruise RCCL. My wife took a photo of me eating pizza, wearing a tuxedo, at 1:30AM.

Nothing to think about, cruise RCCL. Less