“Christmas in Prague -- New Year in Vienna -- Amazing!”
Cruise review of Avalon Panorama

TorontoGal60 Avalon Panorama 5 Christmas in Prague -- New Year in Vienna -- Amazing!
TorontoGal60
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
As a solo traveller -- I am very careful as to the types of trips I take and places I visit. I must admit that the Christmas River Cruise with Avalon on the Panorama not only met my expectations by exceeded them. The adventure started with a welcome dinner on Christmas Day at the hotel in Prague. I didn't know a should when I entered the room - there were a couple of vacant seats at a table that I asked to join and there met a couple from New Zealand (that I have since visited), and two gentlemen from the States -- that didn't know each other when they sat down at the table -- so I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I was not the only solo passenger on the trip. After a day of touring through Prague -- a 4 hour bus trip took us to Nuremberg (It went by quickly). The ship was amazing -- my room delightful and the crew helpful, kind and courteous. The food was far above average and they had something for everyone. The age range was a lot lower than I expected -- there were several families on board -- complete with teenagers (that enjoyed themselves immensely) It was such fun at night -- the lounge was the place to be and I got to know the majority of the people aboard. Thank you Avalon for providing me a delightful way to bring in the New Year -- in fact, I have already booked my trip for next Christmas -- this year it will be from Frankfurt to Vienna (I wish it was from Zurich -- but that one isn't provided this year ....) I am also looking at the Avalon Cruise through Viet Nam. Gosh -- so many river cruises -- so little time.....
Avalon Panorama Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Cabin was well above expectation -- roomy, comfortable and warm (after all -- it was winter)
Published 04/01/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Avalon Panorama Review
Avalon Panorama Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?