Avalon Panorama Cruise Review by TorontoGal60: Christmas in Prague -- New Year in Vienna -- Amazing!

Avalon Panorama 5
TorontoGal60
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Christmas in Prague -- New Year in Vienna -- Amazing!

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Other

As a solo traveller -- I am very careful as to the types of trips I take and places I visit. I must admit that the Christmas River Cruise with Avalon on the Panorama not only met my expectations by exceeded them.

The adventure started with a welcome dinner on Christmas Day at the hotel in Prague. I didn't know a should when I entered the room - there were a couple of vacant seats at a table that I asked to join and there met a couple from New Zealand (that I have since visited), and two gentlemen from the States -- that didn't know each other when they sat down at the table -- so I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I was not the only solo passenger on the trip.

After a day of touring through Prague -- a 4 hour bus trip took us to Nuremberg (It went by quickly). The ship was amazing -- my room delightful and the crew helpful, kind and courteous.

The food was far above average and they had something for everyone.

The age range was a lot More lower than I expected -- there were several families on board -- complete with teenagers (that enjoyed themselves immensely)

It was such fun at night -- the lounge was the place to be and I got to know the majority of the people aboard.

Thank you Avalon for providing me a delightful way to bring in the New Year -- in fact, I have already booked my trip for next Christmas -- this year it will be from Frankfurt to Vienna (I wish it was from Zurich -- but that one isn't provided this year ....)

I am also looking at the Avalon Cruise through Viet Nam.

Gosh -- so many river cruises -- so little time..... Less

Published 04/01/12

Read more Avalon Panorama cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Avalon Panorama Review >>

Compare Prices on Avalon Panorama Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Cabin review:

Cabin was well above expectation -- roomy, comfortable and warm (after all -- it was winter)

TorontoGal60
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X