Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by SteveinTN

Member Name: SteveinTN
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 4.0

First timer
Okay, Let me just start off by saying although it was my first cruise, it was by no means my first vacation.

I did a lot of research before our cruise, from the Internet and by asking a lot of questions to friends that I knew had been on cruises recently. I felt like I had a pretty good idea what to expect. Hopefully other people reading this can gain some insight as as they prepare for their cruise.

1. No, they don't feed you lobster (or crab, or ribeyes) every meal or every night. On our 5 night cruise I was offered lobster tail one night (it was good) and shrimp maybe two nights. Same with cheesecake. They had it--for sale.

Now I'm not saying the food was bad, because it was pretty good, but honestly, the buffets did serve the same thing every single day.

2. The entertainment was weak. Maybe I expected too much, I don't know. I was kind of thinking each night at 8pm they would have a Broadway type show that repeated itself around 930pm. Could be we missed them in spite of scouring our nightly program for something to do. Were there things to see? Sure. We saw a couple of comics that were good, and there was a singing/dancing show the last night that was really nice, and a few other short mildly entertaining acts, but nothing like I expected. Most nights it was a choice between playing bingo or watching children sing bad karaoke over and over again. No, I'm not kidding.

3. Also, unless you're an absolute Coke/Pepsi fiend - don't bring them. They're heavy and there's plenty of other stuff to drink. We brought three twelve packs with us and brought two back.

4. Drinks are high. Miller lite cans were about 6 dollars a piece and mixed drinks between $7.50 and $10 dollars (plus 15% tip). Think about slipping a half pint in your pocket before you board. We spent about $350 dollars on drinks in just 5 nights!!

Over all, it was a fun time (my 8 year old loved it) and we will definitely be going back, next time a little wiser and my pockets a little fuller.

Publication Date: 04/01/12