Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Cruisingwithkids30: Cruising with kids & toddler

Carnival Triumph 5
Cruisingwithkids30
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Cruising with kids & toddler

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

We consider ourselves frequent cruisers and never cruise without our kids. My kids took their first cruise before they were one !

Cruising with a four year old and a one year old doesn't mean you can't have fun!

First off: Be prepared. Bring plenty of wipes, diapers, antibacterial wipes, and sunblock. Other things to bring are spray bottels to cool the kids down bottled water & cokes(this will save you money), hats, thermo cup to keep thinks like milk hot/cold (if you have toddlers that drink milk, and extra pacifiers.

The Triumph:
Overall, the boat was typical of a Carnival 5-day funship. It was very up beat with people of all ages. However, I would've liked more island music by the pool though..it was kind of quiet at times.

The boat was clean and our stateroom was clean. The food was good, no major complaints. The staff in the dining area was always helpful. We really enjoyed the free room service and 24 hr pizza. The pool was typical of a More 5-day funship.

The kids club on the Triumph was "OK", my four year old enjoyed the staff on the Ecstacy way better than the staff on the Triumph. Overall, my kids really enjoyed the kids club because they play games, watch movies, do arts and crafts, and eat ice cream late night (they really enjoyed that). We couldn't get my 4yr old to leave!! Make sure to participate in all the kid/adult activities, they were pretty fun.

Overall, we really enjoyed the Triumph. We recommend it for people of all ages. Less

Published 04/01/12

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 8M Aft-View Extended Balcony

Read All Aft-View Extended Balcony (8M) Reviews >>

Beach Break

I recommend this for people of all ages with kids of all ages. They have a nice manicured play area with a soccer field, snorkling, pool, games, huge outdoor eating area, water sports, and outdoor bar. Kids under 4 are free. My kids loved playing in the sand and enjoyed the outdoor play area. The buffet was good. After a long day at the beach, the food was delicious. The bathrooms were EXTREMELY clean, which is great. Overall, this was a fun, family friendly, safe, and clean excursion. We will do it again.

Although we have been to the Chichinitza ruins before (definitely recommemend it for people with older kids - It's breath taking) we did not do an excursion. We just walked to the shopping port and bought some gifts. The shopping port was nice, safe, and clean. The beers were cheap and so were the souvenirs. The reson for not doing an excursion, was that I didn't want to take the family into town due to all the violence going on the mainland. Not that anything has happened, however, I did not want to take any chances with younger kids. I wish Carnival would go to another port on a 5-day.
Read 367 Progreso Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruisingwithkids30
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X