Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by afis36: Celebrity Solstice was Awesome!

afis36
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Celebrity Solstice was Awesome!

Sail Date: March 2012

This was our first time on a large cruise ship and I was very impressed with Celebrity and the Solstice in particular. Embarkation was smooth and we were on the ship by 1pm having lunch. We had our cabin by 1:30pm.
The cabin was very spacious with great storage. The balcony was very nice. The bed was an oversized queen and was very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were much larger than expected. The interactive TV was excellent. I was very impressed with how nice the cabin was.

The first day was quite rough and we had to use the patches for motion sickness but we were fine after that. The rest of the cruise had very calm seas.

The ship is absolutely beautiful and the staff were friendly, helpful and always cleaning. There were hand sanitizers everywhere and they were ensuring everyone entering the dining area cleaned their hands first. This seemed to control any outbreak of Norovirus.

The public rooms and dining rooms were beautiful. We had dinner the More first night in Morano's and it was excellent. Definitely worth the money if you want a special dinner. The first night of sailing had 20 percent discount in all the restaurants. We had pre-booked the restaurant but it was not necessary and I would not recommend doing that since it is discounted when you walk in.
We ate the rest of our dinners in the main dining room and they were excellent. We were on the Select Dining but if you don't book your times when you first get on the ship you will not be able to get the prime times. It is not as flexible as it sounds.
We ate most of our breakfasts and lunches in the cafe and the food was good and it never seemed crowded due to the multiple serving stations. We were always impressed with the food and the varied selection.

The entertainment on board was excellent. We went to every show each night and they were very well done. Much better than I expected. We saw the comedian and he was very funny. The theatre was beautiful and it was not a problem getting a seat.
We purchased the premium non-alcohol drink plan and I would not recommend that as we ended up losing money. You need to drink at least 5 specialty drinks each day to break even and that is tough to do especially when are in port.

On disembarkation we were off the ship in the parking lot by 9:30am and I had no complaints with the process considering how many people they are dealing with and they have to clear customs.
I was very impressed with the ship and it's staff. They seemed to go out of their way to do small special things like having water and cold towels at the dock when you returned to the ship at port. I heard someone from an RC ship comment they were going Celebrity next time when they get treatment like that. I think that sums it up. The Solstice was a wonderful ship with great service and the cruise was excellent. Highly recommended. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice 7294

The cabin was very spacious with great storage. The balcony was very nice. The bed was an oversized queen and was very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were much larger than expected. The the interactive TV was excellent. I was very impressed with the cabin.

We arrived at San Juan at 3pm and the port is in the heart of Old San Juan which was beautiful. We walked to the old fort which is worth the trip. It is only $3 dollar admission and it was fascinating. The old part of town is very historic and great to walk around.
Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

We arrived in port by tender which was well handled. We got off the first few tenders and we were at the dock in ten minutes. We had arranged for a private charter on a speed boat and it was excellent. We went to various inlets, beaches and snorkeling. We went to Pinel Island for swimming and lunch. That was a great spot to visit and is must see.

Island Tour

(3)
We were taken from the dock to downtown where we were dropped off for shopping for two hours but there were dozens of jewelry stores so if you weren't interested in buying jewelry there is not a lot to do. We did not find many bargains. We were then picked up and toured the island and went to the highest lookout which was amazing. We were dropped off at Sapphire beach but the hotel was old and it was disappointing. I would suggest going to Megan Bay beach instead. It was good day and the island was very nice.