Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by NativeTexanCruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by NativeTexanCruiser
Sapphire Princess
Sapphire Princess
Member Name: NativeTexanCruiser
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: AC
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Hawaiian Cruise was Total Disappointment
My dream was shattered by bad weather, poor tour guide, lousy buffet food, and returning home to a shockingly huge data bill of $530.00 just because we didn't turn off our iPhone and it received data every day while we weren't even using it!

When I think of Hawaii, I think of swimming & beaches. In the entire 14 days on ship & off, we never once put on a swimsuit. I know the cruise line can't control the weather but it was awful. The ship rocked & rolled so hard all the pools on board had to be drained as they were sloshing out! It was too cold to sit outside to watch movies on the big screen, even though the employees passed out wool blankets! The wind blew so strongly that we could not ever walk around the promenade deck! Walking in itself was difficult, especially down the long halls while the ship rocked, it would make you bounce off the walls. Due to the rough seas it took us an extra day and a half to reach Hawaii, therefore we had to skip the Big Island. Princess did refund our tour excursion money for that port, but I was greatly disappointed!

We booked tour HNL-100 USS Arizona Memorial & City Drive in Honolulu through Princess. Our bus driver wasted time pulled over on the side of the road talking to us about what we were going to do which made us late arriving at Pearl Harbor. Not until we pulled into the parking lot did the driver tell us that there was a time stamped on our ticket and we had to be in the theater at that time or they lock the doors. He stated that he had a few that had a later time so he gave those to the slow walkers. We had about 15 minutes to find the theatre and use the toilet. The Ladies restroom had a long line so I decided I could wait until the film was over. Well, nobody explained beforehand that after the doors we entered were locked we had to exit side doors which led directly to boats that carried you across the harbor to the USS Arizona Memorial. Well by this time I was in dire need of a restroom and knew I couldn't make it there & back as there are no bathrooms out on the memorial. Sadly we missed the boat and tried to catch the next one, but again, no one explained that there are only seats for the current film goers so we were turned away. I cried because we waited our entire lives to see that memorial and had come thousands of miles and didn't get to see it. All because the bus driver messed around and got us there late!

If it is your first time to visit the Hawaiian islands I would NOT recommend cruising there and back to California. Fly there and THEN cruise around the islands or take a plane or helicopter to visit each island.

Publication Date: 03/31/12