Marco Polo Cruises

Home > Cruise Reviews > Marco Polo Cruise Reviews
Cruise Critic's Review 3.5 out of 5+ star rating
What Marco Polo lacks in size, youth and modern fittings, it more than makes up for in intimacy, style and old-world charm.

The ship is a solidly built workhorse, well-suited to its ... read more
Overview | Cabins | Dining | Activities | Family | Itineraries | Deck Plans | More Reviews

Marco Polo Cruise Reviews: 204

Cruise Region Date Member Rating
An eventful journey to say the least ! by DaveinWhales

This was our first cruise and many commented that we had certainly jumped in at the deep end, ... continue

Transatlantic 03/14 5+ out of 5+
A wonderful time, in spite of the tragic ending by MegB

We were first time cruisers seduced by the thought of escaping the English winter and the ... continue

South America & Antarctica 02/14 4.0 out of 5+
Pleasantly surprised by Corbiehill

Had I read the reviews on the Marco Polo before booking I probably would not have gone ahead. ... continue

Transatlantic 02/14 5.0 out of 5+
Dreaded Marco Polo by 99cs

This is the complaint I raised on the Marco Polo the ship which suffered a loss of life when the ... continue

Blank 02/14 1.0 out of 5+
A great experience by blue hurworth

Reading the negative reviews of the ship it would be easy to conclude the Marco Polo is one to ... continue

Transatlantic 02/14 5.0 out of 5+
Fantastic cruise with a very sad end by hcallow

This was our first cruise and I researched it well during the 12 months before we set ... continue

Transatlantic 02/14 5+ out of 5+
Pleasantly Surprised by our First Cruise by Sherbidashus

We'd always assumed cruising was not for us. We feared cheesy entertainment, rigorous dress ... continue

Europe River 02/14 4.0 out of 5+
The Cruise of Horrors by Beryl1234

A 15 night Christmas and New Year cruise to Maderia on board the Marco Polo interested us: ... continue

experience of a lifetime (never to be repeated) by pugwash 13

our first ever cruise .. for a retirement treat and covering both Christmas and New Year heading ... continue

Canary Islands 01/14 2.0 out of 5+
Cruise P403 - The Cruise to Hell and Back by bazin74logn

This was advertised as a Christmas and New Year Cruise aboard the Marco Polo. We booked this ... continue

Canary Islands 01/14 Not Rated
First & Last Cruise by boblint

This cruise left Tilbury knowing that gales were forcast in the English Channel and The Bay of ... continue

Dreadful Christmas and New Year Cruise by eugenie1

Horrendous, Horrendous, Horrendous. The Captain should never have taken the ship out of Tilbury. ... continue

Horrendous first cruise by Music Moll

We were really looking forward to our first cruise with friends who had done loads of cruises. ... continue

Disappointing by 2kerrygold

This 3 day cruise to Ghent and Amsterdam for the Christmas Markets was our fifth time on the ... continue

British Isles & Western Europe 01/14 4.0 out of 5+
Something needs sorting out... by pumps100

Having been on the identical cruise two years ago we were really looking forward to it. So much ... continue

Blank 12/13 2.0 out of 5+
Netball Ladies on board by S. Wilkinson

My friends from the Netball world were looking for a Xmas night out and saw the Marco Polo ... continue

Cruise to Nowhere 12/13 Not Rated
Ghent and Amsterdam xmas shopping cruise dec. 15th 2013 by Fussymoo

Quite a nice ship but the service was quite poor in the bars. The staff were friendly if they ... continue

Baltic & Northern Europe 12/13 3.0 out of 5+
Don't Ask anything in English by blackship

My Family (Adults) went on this stay on board overnight to nowhere docked at ... continue

Cruise to Nowhere 12/13 3.0 out of 5+
I must be easily pleased by Norfolkred1

This was our first Cruise trip and had some concerns on how it would go. We arrived at Tilbury ... continue

Cruise to Nowhere 12/13 5+ out of 5+
Dinner and overnight at Tilbury 14/12/2013 by Freeway123

I booked this as a birthday present for my partner for his 60th when the Ship was docked at ... continue

Cruise to Nowhere 12/13 1.0 out of 5+
Caribbean cruise 2013 November by sheffieldlass

Just got back from cruise to Caribbean left from Tilbury and hit rough seas was sea sick for 4 ... continue

Transatlantic 12/13 4.0 out of 5+
Cruise Director Richard Sykes by Annpithers

First time on Marco Polo...What a wonderful time...30 days...The staff made us welcome and feel ... continue

Western Caribbean 12/13 5+ out of 5+
Don't CMV read reviews ?? by Bydandbabe

If CMV do read reviews and feedback forms then why do they not act upon them. This is the ... continue

Eastern Caribbean 12/13 3.0 out of 5+
Simply Atrocious - Avoid by argo99

This was a one night familiarisation visit to the ship. I'm so glad we did. If we hadn't we ... continue

Cruise to Nowhere 11/13 1.0 out of 5+
Thumbs up for Marco Polo by jhickman4@gmail.com

I feel I really must write this review after all the negative reviews about this lovely old lady ... continue

Baltic & Northern Europe 02/14 5+ out of 5+