Suite with a private, large balcony and a queen bed. These extra-large category 11 suites have a separate sitting area and a private balcony. Special features include a large vanity/dressing table, refrigerator and entertainment area.
No iron which was a bummer as well as a weird hairdryer that took a while to dry my hair. Whirlpool tub was hard to get in and out of. Closet was big and well lit. Clean room. Great service! Loved the towel animals! Read entire member review.
The Grand Suite was well worth the extra cash. The VIP status saves you a lot of waiting in lines, and the large balcony was something we spent a fair amount of time on. The space of the Grand Suite is almost a necessity with a pair of pre-teens. Service was great, as was the room. Read entire member review.
The ROOM: the room (PH1) of course is amazing BUT (you knew this was coming) the balcony overlooks....the life raft - so for an extra $1500 you get an obstructed view. Also - the living room and bedroom look out onto the Lido deck - which is lovely at sunrise - other than that - not so much. It is also very, very noisy - all day, and all night. They did warn us about it before we booked, so i am not complaining - just letting you know that they are NOT kidding when they say there will be a lot of noise. The jogging track is also directly above you - and apparently a LOT of people on the ship decided to go running at all hours of the day and night (starts at about 5am). Picture laying under a treadmill...that's the noise. The deck chairs moving (both on Lido and Sun) are outrageously noisy as well. Like i said - we were warned by Carnival. The room is about 1000 square feet:
- Full walk in closet with plenty of hangers
- Dual sink bathroom
- Toilet is in room with tub €" bad design for a room that can hold up to 10 people (1 shower, 1 toilet). Even with only the two of us, there were times, in a room this size, there should have been a separate powder room.
- Notice i said tub...its an old jetted triangle tub (its seashell pink, so prob original to the ship) with old worn out fixtures and a pitiful curtain. The shower is in this tub. The tub leaks when you run the shower. A lot - water everywhere. Not a good design, and you must climb OVER the edge of the tub to get in - not good on a moving vessel and a wet floor.
- Living room - very nice - flat panel tv (although ours was on the fritz most of the trip) - Bar - great area with small fridge
- Sitting room - nice but moderately uncomfortable furniture (all-weather type material - odd)
- Bedroom - true king bed (not two pushed together) so triple points for that. Nice TV, but tv remote when in bed is too far from TV to work properly so you have to move forward or get out of bed for it to work.
- Blackout curtains truly keep out the sunlight in all rooms
- The carpets totally need to be replaced. They are covered in every room with multiple stains, to the point I would not walk barefoot in the room.
The Pool: The pool is small for the amount of people on deck, especially on a sunny sea day. Add to that pool a ton of children and you have no pool for adults. I watched as children splashed, kicked, shoved, jumped on and banged into adults just trying to get in for a dip. The water is chilly (not heated).
Read entire member review.
Our suite, U-84 was, in a word: Perfect! The balcony was wonderful, the cabin was large and comfortable. We slept like babies in the large bed, the sheets and blankets were always clean and fresh. The walk-in closet was great and the bathroom was well stocked, the shower-bath-jacuzzi combo was a treat. The cabins were quiet, no outside noise could be heard. Room service was available, but we never used it. The small fridge was well stocked.
Read entire member review.
Large spacious, beautiful room. Pretty quiet, although we did hear some noises every now & then. Not sure where it was coming from. I thought at one time the anchor was being dropped, but we were still moving & still a ways from Nassau.
The balcony is decent size. Beautiful sunsets. Not too far from the elevators. Pullout couch is very comfortable to sleep on. Room gets very cold...I loved it. There are 3 air conditioning vents. My friends complained it was too cold and I only had one of the vents on. Read entire member review.
Cabin U90. Large room with a king bed, sleeper couch, chair and footstool. Had huge counter space and a bar area with a mini fridge. Lot of drawers in the room, but also has a large walk in closet with more drawers and ample hanging space and hangers. There is a safe in the closet. Bathroom has big counter area, drawers underneath and a hair dryer (plug for curling iron in hair dryer). Has a large jacuzzi tub and shower. Good location close to stairs/elevator. Didn't hear much noise - Balcony is quite large - with two chairs and a table. Read entire member review.
These cabins were rated but not individually reviewed; read the full cruise review for opinions on cabins and more.