Cabin 4516 has plenty of storage a tight but adequate bathboom and a small deepset porthole. At night we would hear a sound similar to a large printing press. This would continue until 3 or 4am. Read entire member review.
Our room was an outside cabin on Deck 4 with a porthole. We were very close to the gangplank and it was pleasant to not have to wait for an elevator with a crowd after an excursion. We could walk straight to our rooms. This was the first time I had had a porthole, and the kids would bring their friends in to see it. In addition to curtains, it had a locking round door. My grandson enjoyed closing it and locking it, so I had to open it on a regular basis. Read entire member review.
Cabin #4584 - Porthole outside cabin
We were in our cabin by 2:00 PM so we decided to unpack and throw our valuables (cc's, cash, passports, phones and IPOD's) in the safe, but there was an error code and didn't work. We called the information desk and they said they would be sending security to our cabin, but we waited and they never showed up. We called the next morning and the security officers promptly arrived to fix the issue.
We were happy with the accommodations and layout of the cabin, especially since it was a little larger than what we paid for an inside cabin. We had the two twin beds put together making a queen-size bed. There was just enough room on either side to walk. The bedding is nice and the sheets feel new. The mattresses have a removable pillow top on them.
THINGS WE DIDN'T LIKE/CABIN:
The only real major complaints with the cabin are the flat pillows and the bathroom:
- The pillows need to be replaced ASAP. They were really flat and lumpy. We each had three and that was not enough. There are two large throw pillows on the bed, but they are a little big to use at night.
- The toilet area is extremely small. If you are a large/tall person, it may be uncomfortable, especially in the middle of the night. Thank God for the handicap bar. It was the smallest we have ever experienced on a cruise ship. There's also an ash tray right next to the toilet. How nice. We loved the shower with sliding glass door. It was roomy enough and had the shampoo and soap dispenser with a hand-held shower head. There was also a wet clothes line above, high enough to leave connected all week. We wish all of the cruise lines would have this type of shower. It was nice not having the clingy shower curtain sticking to you while trying to lather up. There are plenty of shelves in the bathroom and the towels are nice and thick.
- Noisy Neighbors: The walls were really thin. We could clearly hear the conversations next door, as well as bathroom sounds (no more explanation needed here!).
THINGS WE LIKED/CABIN:
- Big closet, lots of storage, drawers, shelves, and hooks in room and bathroom
- Shower door instead of the usual sticky curtain
- Safe that required only a code, as long as it works
- Shampoos and soaps.
- Nice, powerful hairdryers.
- Refrigerator worked great, just ask your cabin steward to empty it for you. Also, make sure the items in the refrigerator and snacks are accounted for on the inventory pricing sheet so you're not charged for them.
- The dial on the outside of the room indicating our status (do not disturb, make up cabin, etc.). Better than Carnival since someone kept stealing our "do not disturb" hang tag on our last cruise.
- Coffee pot in the room, even though we didn't use it.
Our cabin steward kept our room very clean and the ice bucket always filled. He was extremely friendly and personable. The television is really small for the room and we didn't have any network channels, like Carnival or Princess has. One other thing that would be great would be to have the dinner menus and account folio information accessible on the television like other cruise lines do. They also show several recently released movies throughout the week in your cabin if you want to just chill out and watch a movie in the privacy of your own space.
Read entire member review.
Cabin 4588 was in a very quiet location other than the times when the boat was moving slowly, and then the slosh of the water against the side of the ship was so loud we thought there was a leak either in the cabins beside us or on the floor above us. I never heard anyone in the hallways after a certain time of night, and even in the daytime it was very quiet.
We had a port hole, but it was recessed back in the wall of the ship about a foot and it made it hard to see anything to the right and left or up and down, basically you could only see out the window what was right in front of the port hole window. The window itself was a lot smaller than I had imagined it would be, I was disappointed that it wasn't larger.
Our cabin was mid-ship and on the bottom floor (for passengers) and was perfect for those who might experience motion sickness as I tend to do from time to time. The cabin itself was the smallest I've ever been in, but the bathroom was the biggest. In fact, we felt the bathroom took up too much space that could have been better used in the open area of the cabin. The closet space was sufficient, and the safe was very easy to use. Read entire member review.
The inside stateroom is small, but nicely decorated. We heard some rumbling noise from either the engine or the service pipe, but I am not sure whether it is only our room specific. The closet space is enough for two adults as long as you don't overpack.
TV is kind of small compared. But since there is not many programs to watch onboard, it doesn't really matter much. Nightstand is too small in my opinion. I had to constantly organized things on top of it so they don't fall off. Read entire member review.
These cabins were rated but not individually reviewed; read the full cruise review for opinions on cabins and more.
Norwegian Pearl Decks Norwegian Pearl Deck Four Norwegian Pearl Deck Five Norwegian Pearl Deck Six Norwegian Pearl Deck Seven Norwegian Pearl Deck Eight Norwegian Pearl Deck Nine Norwegian Pearl Deck Ten Norwegian Pearl Deck Eleven Norwegian Pearl Deck Twelve Norwegian Pearl Deck Thirteen Norwegian Pearl Deck Fourteen Norwegian Pearl Deck Fifteen